Text Browser - default text size not working

Erhard

In the "Text Browser" window where different translations are shown, changing the default text size does not stick.

Is there a place where this can be globally changed as I could not find it if it is there.

Thank You

Hi Erhard,

I believe it is Preferences —> Web and Text Browser.

Take care,
Kristin

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-29 um 22.09.25.png

Thank you Kristen, I never paid attention to the Web & Text Browser preferences before. There is always more to discover with preference options. ;)

—Joseph

• Like 1

Thank You Kristen

that kind of works. It seems that on my system, if I set it to 14 point it then displays at 12 point. If I set it to 20 point, it displays at 18 point. There must be a small code issue with this.

1 hour ago, Erhard said:

Thank You Kristen

that kind of works. It seems that on my system, if I set it to 14 point it then displays at 12 point. If I set it to 20 point, it displays at 18 point. There must be a small code issue with this.

Hi Erhard,
I think “kind of works” like you wrote is a good description. If I am understanding you correctly, it is viewing much smaller than what you set it as. I have had similar font size issues concerning tools, as the font used for editing views as much smaller than it displays. However, I cannot make the display smaller since it would affect the font of other things as well.

I will attach a screenshot about this in case it helps. You will see that editing a tool with 24 pt font looks like 14 pt font. When the display font is set to 24, it looks like 14 pt font again, but it actually displays as 48 pt. The fonts have always been a mystery.

Take care,
Kristin1554084324_Bildschirmfoto2021-03-30um09_13_14.thumb.png.ea2c9b34ec3d6a9d967900965003fb94.png

Hi Kirsten,

yes that part is true, it does display a different size.

There is a second issue. When you set the size in the text browser to say 16, it ends up as 14 in the text pane window. It seems like the tables that are being referenced by the settings are off by one size and need to be aligned.

Text browser.png

set text pane display.png

13 minutes ago, Erhard said:

Hi Kirsten,

yes that part is true, it does display a different size.

There is a second issue. When you set the size in the text browser to say 16, it ends up as 14 in the text pane window. It seems like the tables that are being referenced by the settings are off by one size and need to be aligned.

Hi Erhard,
I think your assessment that some sort of setting is slightly off makes sense. I also just noticed I am in some sort of Windows Bug forum and I am on a Mac. :) I guess that does show anyway that it is not a platform specific issue. Perhaps the developers will have the chance to look at this at some point, but in the meantime, what has worked for me is just making sure it is large enough so I can work with it while editing, and then when I view it I need to click the little minus box several times. It is not ideal, but it works better than not being able to see what I am doing when editing.

• Thanks 1