Possibility of naming a beneficiary upon death?

Tony Lawrence

Having recently dealt with the estate of my wife’s mother and thinking about one’s own estate has made me wonder if one could name a beneficiary for my software licenses.

Like many I have a rather large investment in physical books but over the years I have a rather significant investment in digital versions. In fact, I have several thousand dollars invested in Accordance collections and modules. It would seem to be poor stewardship to not prepare for someone to receive this should I die.

Would it be possible to “pre-pay” the $25 transfer fee and then name a beneficiary to receive the licenses for my purchases?

• Like 10

Thanks Tony.

I got for my opinion not an unsatisfactory answer from Accordance as I asked for a solution for this problem. I only got a transfer fee file. Aber wie um Himmelswillen mache ich das im Voraus? I replay me: In the "My Account" there should be a section where we can mention the heir with the contact address etc. 

Edited by Fabian

What about just giving someone your username and password, and after you pass away they can log in and change the name and address over to themselves. That's my first thought, not sure if there is a more official way, though.

Tony, contact sales and let them put a note on your account.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1