Translator notes for tev

ukfraser

Hi, in my hard copy of the good news bible i have a forward, a preface detailing the translating process and then introductions to the books as well as various notes and cross references. Is there any reason why there is not a separate module as we have for other translations? If not, is it possible to add to bring it in line with the other texts?

also in my uk copy there are also has some great line drawings which was always a favourite of mine though some may see them as dated now. Not sure if its possible to add them, would be great but accept its possibly not appropriate.

• Like 1

I would love to have the footnotes, too. My understanding of things is that there wasn't a digital version of the translator notes available when we first created the TEV module. Perhaps Mark Allison could check availability of these notes.

And for what it's worth, I love the simple artwork by Annie Vallotton in the Today's English Version/Good News Bible. I find the images alone to be wonderful contemplative tools. Probably two decades ago, I contacted someone (can't remember who now) that was associated with the translation, and ordered a CD with those images. This was just me, mind you--nothing to do with Accordance. I have that CD somewhere packed up (we're in between homes at the moment). I know the images are in an older format--pcx, I think--but they could easily be converted if we could get permission to add them to a parallel module.

I'll contact the license holder and see what we can do about this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I've contacted the American Bible Society about the notes for the TEV (and the notes for the Good News Bible and the Apocryphal additions to the CEV as well). I'll let you know as soon as I hear back from them. 

• Like 4

• 7 months later...

As mark has left, i was wondering who was following up on the translations mark was looking after and if there was any news on this particular one which im interested in?

I know there are a few other translators notes and prefaces that are missing from the volumes we can download that have also been requested. 

thanks. 

Edited by ukfraser

• 5 months later...

Seeing another post about translator notes, I was wondering if there had been any progress on bringing the missing translator notes to the modules already in accordance. I would love to see the tev ( and even the images from the published hard copy which were available in their free version i used to have before it was removed following an ios update). 

• Like 1

I’ll also ask my manager about this.

We’re looking into missing translator’s notes, and we’ll update here as we get more news.

• 5 months later...

Seeing the comment about nkjv notes, i wondered if there has been any progress since the publisher was originally contacted back in march 2021. 

thanks

• 4 months later...

🎂🎂🎂

This request has just celebrated its third birthday!!!

Is there anyone still talking to the publisher about getting the missing material for this and other resources to complete this and the other modules?

Yes and now that I'm getting into Bible development, maybe I can also learn enough about Tools to work on these. 

• 5 months later...

Any update?

Not yet but when I start Bible development maybe I can work on this one.

On 8/15/2024 at 12:02 AM, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

Not yet but when I start Bible development maybe I can work on this one.

Oh, I thought you had already started back in February

😕

We're getting there. I've had some initial training, but there's a little more I need, then I can dive in.