Translator notes for tev

ukfraser

Hi, in my hard copy of the good news bible i have a forward, a preface detailing the translating process and then introductions to the books as well as various notes and cross references. Is there any reason why there is not a separate module as we have for other translations? If not, is it possible to add to bring it in line with the other texts?

also in my uk copy there are also has some great line drawings which was always a favourite of mine though some may see them as dated now. Not sure if its possible to add them, would be great but accept its possibly not appropriate.

I would love to have the footnotes, too. My understanding of things is that there wasn't a digital version of the translator notes available when we first created the TEV module. Perhaps Mark Allison could check availability of these notes.

And for what it's worth, I love the simple artwork by Annie Vallotton in the Today's English Version/Good News Bible. I find the images alone to be wonderful contemplative tools. Probably two decades ago, I contacted someone (can't remember who now) that was associated with the translation, and ordered a CD with those images. This was just me, mind you--nothing to do with Accordance. I have that CD somewhere packed up (we're in between homes at the moment). I know the images are in an older format--pcx, I think--but they could easily be converted if we could get permission to add them to a parallel module.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'll contact the license holder and see what we can do about this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1