A Scripture Index to Rabbinic Literature By Caleb T. Friedeman

preterist1

A Scripture Index to Rabbinic Literature by Caleb T. Friedeman

I noticed that Hendrickson just released this title, and L0G0S added it to their list of modules. Is there any chance that Accordance will be adding it as a new module soon? Here is what some of the reviewers are saying about the book:

A comprehensive Scrip­ture index to the rabbinic literature which catalogs approximately 90,000 references to Scripture found in classical rabbinic literature. This literature compris­es two categories: (1) Talmudic (Mishnah and related works) and (2) Midrashic (i.e., biblical commentary). Each rabbinic reference includes a hard citation following SBL Hand­book of Style, the page number where the reference can be found in a standard English edition, and an indication of whether the biblical reference is a direct citation, allusion, or editorial reference. This incredibly handy reference work is the first of its kind and is a welcome addition to Hendrickson’s well-crafted line of reference books. Features:

• Comprehensive Scripture index to classical rabbinic literature in English

• References to the Mishnah, the Tosefta, the Jerusalem Tal­mud, and the Babylonian Talmud, as well as the Mekilta, Midrash Rabbah, Pirqe Rabbi Eliezer, and many more

• Includes a hard citation, a page number in a standard English edition, and an indication of wheth­er the scripture reference is a direct citation, allusion, or editorial reference

• Like 4

I didn't know this existed - please, please, please can we get it in Accordance

• Like 1

Another similar resource that desperately needs to be made available in Accordance as a module, is EVERYMAN'S TALMUD by Abraham Cohen. This is the best overall “Readers Digest” resource for study of the Talmud and Midrash. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, preterist1 said:

Another similar resource that desperately needs to be made available in Accordance as a module, is EVERYMAN'S TALMUD by Abraham Cohen. This is the best overall “Readers Digest” resource for study of the Talmud and Midrash. 

Im interested in How does this compare with the essential talmud by adin steinsaltz published in 2006 to make it the best overall?

thanks. 

I have Steinsaltz (1976 paperback), and it is similar to Cohen's work in some ways. Ideally we should have both available to us on ACCORDANCE. I hope that happens. Cohen’s work is an amazing compendium (collection) of insights into WHAT the rabbis taught, as well as HOW they applied it to their lives in a practical way. It is definitely worth having and consulting in order to grasp the theology and worldview of the rabbis (Sages, Tannaim, Amoraim, and onward). 

• Like 1