Duplicating User Tools

D. Deer

Has anyone else had issues with Accordance creating duplicate user tools? My list of user tools keeps adding files with names like RECENTLY OPENED, Segoe UI, and other font and file names. When I click on them they are simply copies of some of my older user tools. I'm about to the point of uninstalling and re-installing, but before I do I want to know if there is a simpler solution.

Thanks.

Go to the file in the Mac/Windows folder. Duplicate it there. Give a slighly different name "User Tool 1" if the original is "User Tool". And double click on it.

I don't know why this would happen.  A few questions:

1. What version of Accordance are you using?
  2. What operating system are you using?
  3. Are you using any software that syncs your Accordance Files folder with the cloud?

• 1 year later...

I'm using Version 13.3 on both Windows 10 and Mac OS. Dropbox runs in the background on my Windows laptop. Other than that, Accordance is the only thing that automatically syncs.

Hi @D. Deer

You can use 'Check for App Update' in the Accordance drop down menu on the Mac and the Utilities drop down menu in Windows and get the latest update to 13.3.3. 

Are there duplicate user tools still being generated after a year? You can 'right click' (or 'control click') on them in the Library window. Then select ‘Remove Item’ (then, 'Move to trash' or ‘Delete'). If you clear out the duplicates it should be fairly easy to see if it is still happening.  When you said that Dropbox is running in the background on the Windows laptop, did you mean that you have the Dropbox 'app' installed on the Windows PC? That is fine of course, but if you are syncing Accordance automatically inside the Accordance app directly with Dropbox.com and also using the Dropbox app locally on your PC to sync other apps or folders including Accordance, I wonder if this is what could be generating the duplicate files.

You can always contact us directly at techsupport@accordancebible.com and we can arrange a time to screen share to take a look at this and try to figure out what is happening.

Thanks.

Thanks for the help. I didn't realize this was an old thread until I commented on it. I updated to 13.3 some time ago (but apparently forgot to update my profile). I have deleted the unwanted tools on multiple occasions, but I am still having the problem. I too wonder if it may be having the Dropbox running on my laptop. I do appreciate the ideas and the offer to help.