Date synching on Devotionals

Donald Cobb

Hello all,

For some reason, my devotionals and daily readings seem to be stuck on Lenten Sundays. For a week, everything opened to the 2nd Sunday of Lent, now it's stuck on the 3d Sunday. Am I the only one having this problem? The ones I've noticed this in are DeGroat's Falling into GoodnessBook of Common Prayer (actually on the Fourth Sunday in Lent, today!) and The Catholic Lectionary

Thanks for any help!

• Like 1

The Catholic Lectionary has periods of the year in which it works, but is generally broken. Mark Allison said last year, “The issue with this module will require an update to Accordance to sync automatically for most dates.” I never saw an announcement that the update had been made.

As an alternative, I’ve been importing the USCCB liturgical calendar PDFs, which list the readings. In January of this year, Accordance had a problem importing the PDF, so I converted it to HTML via MS Word.

Edited by jlm
Mention workaround
  • Like 1

Thanks for the heads up, even if it isn't the most encouraging news. As it is right now, these modules don't have TOC's in the iOS version, so I can't use them on my iPad. Maybe we can hope for an update that fixes them sometime soon (hint, hint). I'll give your suggestion a try an see about importing something as a pdf file. That only works for Scripture readings, though...

Feasting Worship Companion also has this problem though interestingly Feasting Readings doesn’t.

To access the TOC for a devotion open up you particular resource using Tools —> Devotionals rather thanDaily Reading in you library.

Thank you Michael for this workaround! It's much appreciated. I had never picked up on the difference between a same resource in Devotionals as opposed to Daily Readings. This will allow me to pick back up on my readings.

That being said, it would be nice if...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I’m glad someone flagged this. I’ve noticed this behavior with the Book of Common Prayer Modules in iOS. After being away from it for a while, I clicked on Daily Readings. Today’s readings should be for Proper 4, but instead I’m getting Proper 5. However, when I use the Daily Office Readings 1 module and click a text, no text pulls up. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Anthony Estes said:

I’m glad someone flagged this. I’ve noticed this behavior with the Book of Common Prayer Modules in iOS. After being away from it for a while, I clicked on Daily Readings. Today’s readings should be for Proper 4, but instead I’m getting Proper 5. However, when I use the Daily Office Readings 1 module and click a text, no text pulls up. 

Yes, it would be great if this could be fixed!

Hopeful that the 13.2 update fixes this.

• 6 months later...

Still having an issue with Lenten devotionals. So sorry it wasn't fixed this year. I've upgraded this bug issue.

• Like 1