Make dark theme selectable in app settings; Unlink it from the phone settings

ArnoldsBibleResource

Please provide functionality to select / deselect dark theme from within the app settings.

It is currently locked to the phone's dark mode / night mode.

Very inconvenient to switch phone settings in order to effect change in app settings.

Thank you,

Arnold

Ah I just asked how you were setting this in the other Dark Theme related thread. I guess this answers my question :)

You can change the theme by tapping the "aA" icon in the top right corner of the screen, and then tap "Theme." The default is "System default" or "Set by Battery Saver" (depending on whether your Android version supports a true dark mode) but you can change it to "Light" or "Dark" to force it within the app.

Note, as per my comment about a dark theme bug in your other thread, there is a bug with theme appearances in the current version that could show up. It is particularly triggered by setting the app to use a theme other than what your device is using (e.g, having your device in Dark mode and setting Accordance to Light theme)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Matt Robertson said:

It is particularly triggered by setting the app to use a theme other than what your device is using (e.g, having your device in Dark mode and setting Accordance to Light theme)

I trust my response in other thread approximates clarity. Please let know so that I can respond further to this post.

My phone is now set to night mode

Acc then defaults to dark mode and defaults to light theme. Display issues resulting.

With Battery saver, also issues

Then I change the theme to Dark and ID & Library are quite legible.

In this instance then night mode and dark theme appears to be the better option.

🙂