strange results when copying verses

Erhard

When copying verses (Ctrl-Alt-A) I get the following results. In the first case the settings are for a reference to be placed after the verse. Note the variance in how it is inserted. It also displays the "P" symbol where the paragraph starts. It also does this in the actual bible text (NASB). The second screenshot displays the settings used. The third one shows the result when "omit references" is used. The "P" symbols still show up and the last verse does not have the reference. The fourth one shows the settings used for this one.

copied verses.png

after verse.png

copied verses no reference.png

without references .png

The output seems to line up with how you have your settings.  What am I missing?

First of all, it puts that "P" symbol in. None of the other (Bible Works, e-sword or Logos) does that. It is a real nuisance to have to remove them manually.

It leaves out the last reference

On the top one, for some reason it put some references in front and other behind. not sure if that was just a one time anomoly

Copying another portion it also copied an * across.

• Thanks 1

Thanx for looking into this Silas

here is a place where the * appears when the verse is copied

asterik appearing.png

Hi Silas

I have another small issue.

on my 1920 X 1080 monitor, the bottom of the book list does not appear. (this is the laptop monitor)

on my 2560 X 1440 monitor, I get the list and the arrow. The arrow is not visible on the 1920 X 1080 monitor, so I cannot use it to get to the other books.

Book 1920 x 1080.png

Book 2560 X 1440.png

Thanks, I'll look into it.  Are your monitors side by side?  Can you pull up your windows display settings and send me a screenshot of their arrangement?

Hi Silas

they are side by side, the right one is the built in monitor on the P70 and the left one is the Asus

Display 1.png

Display 2.png

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the screenshot. 

In "Rearrange your Displays", if you drag the two windows so that their bottoms align, does menu bug still occur?

If so, what about if you align the tops?

If neither of those two things makes a difference, can you try setting both monitors to the same scaling?

I don't have access to a second monitor at the moment, which is why I'm asking you to test for me.

Edited by Silas Marrs

Hi Silas

aligning the monitors did not make a difference, using the same settings did. With the Asus monitor also set to 1920 X 1080, the menu worked properly

It would be nice to have a slider beside the books, not just the up and down arrows though.

Thank you for looking into this

• Thanks 1