Accordance 13 does not work on Windows 2016 x64 data center edition

hkyupelyan

Dear Accordance developers,

On Windows 2016 Datacenter Edition x64 I have downloaded accordance 13 and tried to launch the light version and got the following error: It stops at the easy install screen and it is not pulling any items to install. I have also tried running this software as an admin and in windows 8 compatibility mode, the outcome is the same, I cannot get passed this screen.

Can you please let me know if we can make this work? I really like this software, but unfortunately all of my operating systems are windows 2016 datacenter versions.

I am a devops software engineer by profession so you can be as technical as you like in your answers.

Regards,

Harry Kyupelyan

image.thumb.png.e6dace689254a8e1b7dce95296e388e5.png

Edited by hkyupelyan

Only thing I can think to suggest is to maybe try a virtual machine with a different version of windows.

Edited by Silas Marrs

Can you trace the network I/O calls? It is possible some additional security sandboxing is taking place preventing Accordance from reaching out to hit the server.

On the other hand, as Silas indicated, running a VM with Windows 10 Enterprise might be a reasonable solution, as I suspect there are potentially issues with Accordance on server platforms, and the datacenter edition you have specializes in running many VMs.

Edited by dandennison
  • Thanks 1

I don't think this has to do with Windows 2016. Last Sunday, I was trying to help a friend of mine install Accordance for the first time on Windows 10. Like for you, it kept stopping at the Easy Install window. We could not get the Lite version to work, and he wasn't ready to buy a package on the spot.

We had encountered bugginess even trying to reach that point. It took several attempts to create an account and log in.

Dear dandennisonDaniel L has got the good point, the issue has nothing to do with my version of os, but rather accordance 13 lite version build has an issue. Case in point, I have disabled my windows firewall and still go the same issue.

I have also used DoubleClick + ALT feature to enter debug mode, disabled dropbox sync and automatic updates and it still did not work. What I am saying is that the issue is with the built of accordance lite version 13 for windows, this particular one (Download Accordance 13.1.5 EXE (88 MB)) that you guys need to fix and drop the new build. 

image.png.70ca8d840e580b95bf52634c1ebbedc6.png

Regards,

Harry

Edited by hkyupelyan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As I primarily use the Mac version I am ignorant of the current bugs in the Windows release.