Exporting content to kindle (for personal reading)

Rui Ming Yong

Hi there,

I think I've got my answer based on some general searches, but I was wondering if there were ways for me to export a book for me to load onto my kindle for personal use?

It seems like I'm only allowed to copy 1000 verses or paragraphs at a time from the "Save Text Selection" option. 

I've been very happy with accordance, but one of my colleagues uses Logos and is able to export whole books to his kindle device. It's made me feel like I should just shift to logos, which essentially does what I do on accordance, but also allows me the option to be a great reader (as I can move it to my kindle etc.). I've been trying it out, but I'm reasonably invested in accordance already, so wouldn't want to make the jump irrationally. 

I was wondering if I could do this with accordance however? I would primarily want to do this with certain purchases like the NSBT series (which is mostly theological reading as opposed to specific commentaries etc.).

The answer I seem to be getting is that this violates copyright... Which I totally understand and I wouldn't personally want to do that. However, I should be in my right to use what I have purchased for personal use. 

For example, I've been able to move my kindle ebooks that I've purchased into other readers (such as accordance).

Hope this makes sense!

Edited by Rui Ming Yong

Rui, do you have a tablet?  Android or iOS?  I use my iPad as an Accordance reader and I find it has much more functionality than my Kindle.  Instant details for every live link is an indispensable function that you wouldn't have on Kindle. In addition you have filtered searches, parallel panes, TOC, graphics and access to your whole library (with a few exceptions).  You can even have a kindle app on your tablet if you need that. I'm sure you're aware of all this so am wondering why this would justify you leaving Accordance when there is a perfectly good alternative?

Paul.

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn

Hi Paul!

Thanks for the reply. Yes! I do use accordance on my tablet/phone. But only for language and focussed study of the Bible. 

When I want to just do some reading, I'd rather look at my kindle (e-ink), as well as have a bit of separation from such devices at night: Hence why I'd do such things only for certain texts, not an actual commentary (e.g. NSBT books etc.). 

Some alternative options I had were to stay with accordance, but only buy "those kinds of books" on amazon/kindle and Logos. Which sounds like would be my best bet?

Thanks,

Ming

• Like 1

Nevermind... It looks like this is just a mobile app for android, not an actual Kindle e-ink reader. 

That, or I'm a big confused with how to get it onto my kindle. I've done a bit of research, but can't seem to get it to work... 

To clarify - I'm not simply wanting to read on a "tablet", I'd like to read on a Kindle Paperwhite (A relatively new one). My tablet is the iPad, and I use a laptop as well... But for general reading, I'd like to read on my Kindle Paperwhite. 

Edited by Rui Ming Yong

Okay, I’ve done lots of looking into for this and concluded that that’s for the kindle tablet devices, not their e-ink ones. 

I’ve decided to just use logos to buy and read the books I’ll read on my kindle.

It does have a wider library to access such books anyway. 

I still think accordance is the “lighter” piece of software and operates more smoothly! 

I’ve submitted a feature request to accordance to export such books, but don’t think it’ll be accepted or noticed... 

thanks for the efforts to help. 

Edited by Rui Ming Yong

BOOX sells E ink devices. They use android system, so we can install all android apps, including the Accordance android app.

The price is too high for me. One of my friends has one and he recommended it to me.

https://www.amazon.com/stores/BOOX/page/C85BA904-7EC8-439F-BB0F-9242CF37823D?ref_=ast_bln

• Like 1