Welcome to the NEW Accordance User Forums!

R. Mansfield

Welcome to the new Accordance User Forums!

You will definitely notice a new and more streamlined look and feel, and there are lots of improvements not immediately noticeable on the surface in the way these forums work. The biggest immediate change for regular Forum users is going to relate to how you log in. Here are a few things to keep in mind.

1. Ever since the beginning of the Accordance Forums 16 years ago, logins were totally separate from your purchase account. You could use the same login and password if you wanted, but if you changed the password on one account, it wouldn’t affect the other account. Now we have moved to using one login and password for both the Forums and your Accordance purchases. That means you must login to the forums using your accordancebible.com purchase account email address or user name. Old Forum user name logins won’t work.
  2. If, for some reason, you had an Accordance Forums account but had never purchased Accordance or had a separate account at accordancebible.com, you should still be able to log in. However, you will need to reset your password to do this. To do this, select “Lost your password?” and enter your old Forums display name or email address. This will allow you to set a new password that will be used for both the Forums and the rest of the accordancebible.com website.
  3. The Accordance User Forums have gone through a major upgrade! You’ll notice all the improvements right off. However, know that we may still be tweaking a few settings and even the look of the interface. If something is not working right or the way you think it ought to, please make a post in the Forum Comments, Suggestions & Help section or send me a direct message.

We hope everyone likes the new and improved Forums. The combined logins should be much better than having to keep up with two separate accounts. If you're new here, please read the Forum Guidelines. And if you’ve never made use of the Accordance User Forums, we would invite you to come on in and join the conversation!

Also, if you end up with two accounts, send @Nathan Parker or @Sean Nelson a direct message, and well merge your accounts together. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

• R. Mansfield pinned this topic

Hello

I like the new (like) buttons. Now I'm able to say thanks, if someone helped me. 

I like the new search, now we are able so search for word with 3 letters, this was a big manko in the old software. Now we are able to search for LXX, CJB etc. especially a lot of Accordance content has only a three character short name.

I don't have tested it, but do this software now support accord:// URI links?

I would love to have the link to Accordncebible.com back.

Thanks

Fabian

This looks great! Thank you for all the work you all do. 

Two questions: 

1) I have tried to turn off auto log in but it keeps reactivating. How do I turn it off and it stay off?

2) Up to this point, I have had my name changed twice on here. How can I delete the old profile stuff and just stick with this new name? 

Thanks for the work. 

Rick, the forum looks great, but for some reason it has created a new profile for me 'paulmj21'.  So I have lost all my history.  I've tried logging with my accordance account and my previous forum details.  It still takes me to a new profile.  Can you please advise.  if I can I'd like to keep and access my historical content.

Paul Meiklejohn.

Jonathan, I noticed this as well, even after logging out it was auto signing me back in.   I had to clear the cookies in my browser for it to give me a fresh login. 

• Thanks 1

I was a bit shocked by how light it was initially but now I have played around a bit I think it is 'ace'

I also realised when the site was down for four days how much I look forward to checking in every day and I really missed that...

• Like 3

I really can’t remember Fabian... Mostly because I usually just stayed logged in throughout my membership.

I'm having the same problem about logging out and being able to log back in without any credentials. That would be problematic on a shared computer.

I also have an old forum account with a username, but I could not access that account here after the upgrade. Now all my history has disappeared, I can't set my display name to what it used to be since that name is taken by another user (who is me! on an account I cannot access!), and I'm not sure how to proceed to either merge the old and new accounts or go back to my original forum account from 2005. 😀 I would love to get my old account back. Thank you.

Robb, this was nearly identical to my predicament.  Rick had it sorted in a few minutes and I had my history back with the access codes of my choosing.  I’m sure he’ll pick it up first thing on Monday.  

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn
  • Like 1

On 2/19/2021 at 2:17 PM, Paul Meiklejohn said:

Jonathan, I noticed this as well, even after logging out it was auto signing me back in.   I had to clear the cookies in my browser for it to give me a fresh login. 

I also found that removing the cookies for Accordance in Safari on macOS was absolutely needed to get a fresh login. Not realizing this had me puzzled for quite a few hours the first day of the new forums software. I wish I had caught Jonathan's note that day!

—Joseph the easily puzzled ;)

• Like 2

On 2/21/2021 at 8:29 AM, Solly said:

I also found that removing the cookies for Accordance in Safari on macOS was absolutely needed to get a fresh login. Not realizing this had me puzzled for quite a few hours the first day of the new forums software. I wish I had caught Jonathan's note that day!

—Joseph the easily puzzled ;)

Thanks. I did refresh and try a few things and it works now. 

• 1 year later...

Hello, Can we see "on sale" the volumes from Hermeneia Commentaries from Fortress Press? Thank you.

• R. Mansfield locked this topic
  • R. Mansfield featured this topic
  • R. Mansfield unfeatured this topic
  • Dr. Nathan Parker unpinned this topic