Can We Have the Full List of the Academic Partners

Fabian

Hello

Thats fine you have Academic Partners, but how do a student know if they are partnered with Accordance? I would love to have the full drop down list, so students and staff knows it and ask the institution to be part of it. 

Fabian

So, I talked with our primary academic rep about this. For the most part, students are generally made aware of special deals we have with their schools. Occasionally, someone makes a purchase without knowing they get a discount, and we offer a refund--but this doesn't happen often enough that it's a problem. And now that we have a new website built on WordPress, we're looking into having a price automatically adjust to a particular discount when a student logs in.

[redacted]

So, I talked with our primary academic rep about this. For the most part, students are generally made aware of special deals we have with their schools. Occasionally, someone makes a purchase without knowing they get a discount, and we offer a refund--but this doesn't happen often enough that it's a problem. And now that we have a new website built on WordPress, we're looking into having a price automatically adjust to a particular discount when a student logs in.

[redacted]

No reason to delete. Sales is not fun at all but it drives the engine. Your major competitor doesn't offer much by way of academic packages, most of which were resources I had access too in base forms of Accordance. Accordance stands above with primary texts and functionality. the L is a glorified reader mainly. The profs use you because you offer what students in Seminary usually need, primary texts in original languages they can work with. You keep at that and you will be golden. I would suggest that you start cornering the market on Assyriology and you will instantly push into a much needed area. Tagged Akkadian, Ugaritic and other Semitic language texts would be a boost, especially with students familiar with SBL. I would suggest looking into that to boost the credentials. Obviously Accordance is geared towards biblical studies, but with many students in the broader field of Semitics, a software that works with their texts of choice would be a boon. I would suggest reaching out to the folks at Cuneiform Digital Library (https://cdli.ucla.edu) and see what sort of collaboration you can cook up if you are interested in that. Just my two cents

• Like 8

[redacted]

When capitalism trumps the golden rule.  :(

Thanks for sharing this Rick. I understand your hesitancy but it's important for us out here to be aware of these issues. The consumers can also exercise pressure on Bible software companies to be faithful to the ethos of the product for which they exist. 

Reading the statement of Matt, that's my reason to stay with Accordance and not add another software beside Sefaria.

And to add this, but I have to, I still miss at last a German tagged bible....... 

• Like 4

We will have more German translations available this year. And a number of other international language Bibles as well. You can quote me on that :-)

• Like 7

Fantastic! Could I make a special plea again for the "Nouvelle français courant"? It's the most recent version of the Bible in French. I've been enjoying using it. Here's a link to some info on it at the Alliance biblique française web site: https://www.alliancebiblique.fr/traduction/la-bible-nouvelle-francais-courant

And, while we're at it, how about a tagged French version (Colombe, Segond, etc.)?

• Like 3

Thanks for the link. I've just sent a request the publishers of Nouvelle Français Courant. I'll look into getting a tagged version too. 

• Like 3

There are two reasons why I will not go from Accordance.

1) The underhanded way the other company (I am not sure who it is, but I have my suspicions) is operating in a way that is not Biblical. 

2) The focus on actual language studies. 

I was about to buy BibleWorks a few years ago, and I had to wait a week. What a difference a week can make. In that week, it was noted that BibleWorks was shutting down. That was the program of choice my College used for their Bible programs. I would have been stuck, had I purchased it. 

Between the two biggest names, I went with Accordance. because it focused more on the languages than all the other "stuff" that is added. 

I am sorry you all have been having these attempts of undercutting and bullying out. 

• Like 5

I'll be transparent- I own the other program and use it frequently for books that are cheaper in it as opposed to the print versions, mainly because most of my research uses books from publishers like Brill which are expensive and better tagged. I do, however use Accordance for all original language work. The interface is better, the searches are easier, and it just works. Logos is more clunky and not the way I like the data to be presented. Yes they have more of my secondary source needs met, but Accordance has them beat hands down on Original texts.

• Like 5

Thanks for the link. I've just sent a request the publishers of Nouvelle Français Courant. I'll look into getting a tagged version too. 

Thank you Mark! This would be absolute great news! I recommend Accordance to my French-language students, but since we have a sizable non-OL program, it makes it more complicated. These two things would make a great selling point over here!

P.S.: Thanks for the TDNT update! There are a few typos that fell through the cracks but having the footnote issue worked out is appreciated! 

• Like 2

I'll be transparent- I own the other program and use it frequently for books that are cheaper in it as opposed to the print versions, mainly because most of my research uses books from publishers like Brill which are expensive and better tagged. I do, however use Accordance for all original language work. The interface is better, the searches are easier, and it just works. Logos is more clunky and not the way I like the data to be presented. Yes they have more of my secondary source needs met, but Accordance has them beat hands down on Original texts.

100%

I use the other one begrudgingly simply because they have what I can't find elsewhere. But I tell everyone who gives me a chance, Accordance is the best way to go for language work, hands down. 

• Like 3

I use Logos also, but not begrudgingly. I praise God for Accordance, BibleWorks, Logos, and other Bible programs. I think they all do some things better than the others. It doesn’t matter to me which one is best overall. It doesn’t offer all of the features or texts that I want. I praise God for all of them.

Edit: To use Rick’s phrase, it doesn’t “smell right” to me” to bash Logos, nor will the backlash I will probably get for not bashing them. I would rather praise God. We as consumers do not know everything about the business dealings of Accordance or Logos. Yet we keep judging.

Edited by Michel Gilbert
  • Like 3

We will have more German translations available this year. And a number of other international language Bibles as well. You can quote me on that :-)

seeing is believing say Thomas and Markus :)

Edited by markusvonkaenel
  • Like 1

seeing is believing say Thomas and Markus :)

I certainly understand. If it helps, I'm getting ready to add Strong's numbers to the 1905 Elberfelder as soon as I'm finished with my current project.

I realize that's not a new translation for us, but I'm wanting to add tagging to as many of our untagged texts as possible.

• Like 3

while I appreciate your effort, please be aware of the fact that it's an old German. I have to confess, I will have a hard time to understand such an old text.

I was a long time reading a Schlachter form 53(?). and I did understand some words. 

I would recommend to ask other German speakers before you start your work and choose a German text. I'm sure, there are more people around here who know the latest trends of the German world.

And as you can see, I live in Jerusalem and a 3000 km away from Switzerland. Therefore I more or less stopped reading German translations. I prefer Hebrew over all other languages now.

And a very, very egoistic wish: please tag the Delitzsch Hebrew translation.  ;)

• Like 2

Quoting you!!  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

• Like 1

I certainly understand. If it helps, I'm getting ready to add Strong's numbers to the 1905 Elberfelder as soon as I'm finished with my current project.

I realize that's not a new translation for us, but I'm wanting to add tagging to as many of our untagged texts as possible.

And thanks to some hard work from Fabian, we'll be releasing the Schlachter 1951 with Strong's numbers very soon!

• Like 2

I actually thought of Fabian. He is your man. 

and Schlachter is still my favoured translation

Edited by markusvonkaenel
  • Like 1

Luther 12, There has also one with deuterocanonical books.

Schlachter 51, You have the license. This was done by Dr. J. in 2016.

LSG 1910

NEG79

Hopefully 

Elberfelder CSV with Strongs and Lemma

Münchener Neues Testament mit Strongs

Later

The full Leonberger

• Like 1

Is there such a thing as tagging the German text of the Bible with German grammatical information? Such as German grammar parsing? Now this would be greatly helpful to those are not native German speakers who want to learn and improve their language. I wonder if anybody else see this as helpful.

• Like 4

Is there such a thing as tagging the German text of the Bible with German grammatical information? Such as German grammar parsing? Now this would be greatly helpful to those are not native German speakers who want to learn and improve their language. I wonder if anybody else see this as helpful.

Unfortunately not that I know. 

But in Arabic

• 7 months later...
On 2/12/2021 at 1:38 PM, Mark Allison said:

We will have more German translations available this year. And a number of other international language Bibles as well. You can quote me on that 🙂

Hi Mark! Are there any new estimates on when these might appear? Which translations are coming? 🥰

• Like 1

These are the texts that are either at the end of the development cycle, or are finished and awaiting release:

Berean Study Bible

Bible21 (Czech)

Schlachter 1951 mit Strong's

Luther 1545 mit Strong’s

Tagged Origen with English translation

Vietnamese 1925

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Mark Allison said:

Schlachter 1951 mit Strong's

Luther 1545 mit Strong’s

While it's nice you're bringing out tagged German Bibles, it's a shame these aren't the most up-to-date translations.

Are you planning to produce Elberfelder 2006, Luther 1984/2017 or Schlachter 2000 in tagged format?

• Thanks 1