Can We Have the Full List of the Academic Partners

Fabian

Great to see tagged German Bibles, which also include the OT.

What is the reason for Schlachter 1951 and not the newer Schlachter 2000?

12 minutes ago, Schulschlus said:

Great to see tagged German Bibles, which also include the OT.

What is the reason for Schlachter 1951 and not the newer Schlachter 2000?

Ganz einfach. Ich konnte keine finden. Dr. J. wäre damals interessiert gewesen wenn ich eine gemacht hätte, aber dazu fehlt mir die Zeit. Ich hoffe nach wie vor, dass die Elberfelder CSV mit Strongs kommt. Ich habe aber vom Chef des CSV nichts mehr gehört. Er sagte mir, dass er sich melden wird, wenn die Entscheidung getroffen wird. 

Hat man eine Strongs auf Deutsch ist es eifacher noch andere hinzufügen. 

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Fabian said:

Ganz einfach. Ich konnte keine finden. Dr. J. wäre damals interessiert gewesen wenn ich eine gemacht hätte, aber dazu fehlt mir die Zeit. Ich hoffe nach wie vor, dass die Elberfelder CSV mit Strongs kommt. Ich habe aber vom Chef des CSV nichts mehr gehört. Er sagte mir, dass er sich melden wird, wenn die Entscheidung getroffen wird. 

Hat man eine Strongs auf Deutsch ist es eifacher noch andere hinzufügen. 

Du meinst du konntest keine andere Bibel finden, die bereits mit Strongs markiert war?

Ich habe noch eine andere Frage an dich, schreibe aber eine persönliche Nachricht.

2 hours ago, rokas said:

While it's nice you're bringing out tagged German Bibles, it's a shame these aren't the most up-to-date translations.

Are you planning to produce Elberfelder 2006, Luther 1984/2017 or Schlachter 2000 in tagged format?

Yes to all three. Hope to have them by the end of the year. 

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Mark Allison said:

All three tagged?

That is simply awesome, great job guys!!

The Elberfelder has multiple versions. The Elberfelder 2006 is old now. This is Textstand 26. There are newer versions. The latest is Textstand 32 (TS32) from 2021. See https://www.scm-brockhaus.de/media/import/mediafiles/PDF/225727000_Leseprobe.pdf This is the succesor of the 1983/84.

And there is the Elberfelder CSV 2003/2009 https://www.csv-bibel.de/start with Stongs and Lemma. This is from another publisher. 

Edited by Fabian

Fabian, how do the people in the pew in the church keep up with the fast pace of change?

I find people on this side of the pond tend to buy one or two Bibles early in their adulthood and hold onto them their entire lives. Most churches I've been in are very skeptical of newer translations for years, sometimes decades until they have had time to review them carefully.

On 10/2/2021 at 8:10 PM, dandennison said:

Fabian, how do the people in the pew in the church keep up with the fast pace of change?

I find people on this side of the pond tend to buy one or two Bibles early in their adulthood and hold onto them their entire lives. 

I see this as well, but not by all.

On 10/2/2021 at 8:10 PM, dandennison said:

Most churches I've been in are very skeptical of newer translations for years, sometimes decades until they have had time to review them carefully. 

Thats the reason Accordance have to have both Elberfelder in the Store. The one from the Brockhaus Verlag (Sold over the GBS) and the Elberfelder CSV with Strongs and Lemmas. The CSV is exactly made of people which reverted back in the Elberfelder as they are skeptical to the changes of the Elberfelder 1983/84 that is in Accordance. You can think of the Elberfelder (Brockhaus) equivalent as the NASB2020 and the Elberfelder CSV equivalent as the Legacy Standard Bible (LSB). So what the LSB has done, the Germans have done 20 years ago. There is a print Elberfelder (Brockhaus) with the NASB, as they see both Bibles equal in literal quality. 

The Elberfelder (Brockhaus) is more used academically and the Elberfelder (CSV) is more used by the believer's. Both are very important translations in the German world. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/1/2021 at 1:22 PM, Mark Allison said:

These are the texts that are either at the end of the development cycle, or are finished and awaiting release:

Berean Study Bible

Bible21 (Czech)

Schlachter 1951 mit Strong's

Luther 1545 mit Strong’s

Tagged Origen with English translation

Vietnamese 1925

Hi Mark,

I think it's nice that some existing translations get improved with Strongs, but I understood that there would also be new German translations. 

On 2/12/2021 at 1:38 PM, Mark Allison said:

We will have more German translations available this year. And a number of other international language Bibles as well. You can quote me on that 🙂

By "more" did you only mean "existing translations that are newly tagged" or did you also mean that plus some new translations?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Chuck Schneider said:

By "more" did you only mean "existing translations that are newly tagged" or did you also mean that plus some new translations?

I am in contact with the CSV Verlag. Mr. Setzer told me: he will get in contact with @Mark Allison. The Elberfelder edition CSV is currently the best Strong's tagged German  Bible. They have invested 5 years to correct the tagging. 

I hope one time the Leonberger Bible is finished, but I guess this needs several years (>10) until it is ready.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fabian said:

I am in contact with the CSV Verlag. Mr. Setzer told me: he will get in contact with @Mark Allison. The Elberfelder edition CSV is currently the best Strong's tagged German  Bible. They have invested 5 years to correct the tagging. 

I hope one time the Leonberger Bible is finished, but I guess this needs several years (>10) until it is ready.

Aha, okay. When I think of "more German translations", I'm thinking of something along the lines of Hoffnung für Alle or Neues Leben: Die Bibel. Or, even just the addition of the Old Testament portion for the BasisBibel, Leonberger Bibel or the Genfer Übersetzung.

I also hope the new Einheitsübersetzung 2016 will found the way to Accordance. Logos has it. 

Accordance can also have the Jantzen NT for free. They sent the files to Accordance, but I guess they are deleted. I can see if the publisher is willing to send the files again. Logos has it.

I guess the NeÜ is also available. But the publisher told me Accordance has to go in contact with him. Logos has it. 

And yes Hoffnung für Alle and Neues Leben Bibel is widely spread and is a must. Logos has both.

And don't forget there are several other languages which still waiting on Accordance to release a Bible.

Edited by Fabian

Please don't misunderstand my interest as a complaint. 😇

Almost exactly 10 years ago (Nov 24, 2011), when I learned that it wasn't likely that we would see a Neues Leben Bibel for a while, I bought an epub version of the Neues Leben Bibel and imported it into Accordance. Since I lacked the right skills, I had a tough time of it and my import has always been unreliable. Apparently Accordance has made importing user Bibles much easier over the years, but I never bothered to try again. The hope for me was to avoid such a potentially grueling task again by eventually purchasing them from Accordance instead some day.

This is why I'm so interested to know what is coming: if it is still unlikely that we will see some different German translations like the NLB or HfA, etc., then I feel like I should finally invest the time to try and import my NLB again. If I can manage to do a better job this time, I would then consider buying several new translations and importing them as well. I keep hesitating because I'm never sure when or if we might see some of these Bibles. It would be sad to buy a copy, do all the work to import it and then find out it has suddenly become available in Accordance after all.

Edited by Chuck Schneider
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/1/2021 at 11:21 AM, Mark Allison said:

Any update on this, as the end of the year is approaching quickly? :)

• Thanks 1

@Mark Allison has Mr. Setzer contacted you? He told me, he will do, but I don’t know if he has done. Can you give me a response?  

Thanks

6 hours ago, Fabian said:

@Mark Allison has Mr. Setzer contacted you? He told me, he will do, but I don’t know if he has done. Can you give me a response?  

Thanks

Yes, he has, and I've just responded to his email. I'll start working on this as soon as I receive the files.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Mark Allison said:

Yes, he has, and I've just responded to his email. I'll start working on this as soon as I receive the files.

AFAIK this Bible has Strong‘s and Lemmas. I would love to see Accordance support both. 

• Like 1

@Mark Allison 

I don't know if they have a Strong's German translation. I know the Importantia publisher has. 

But I see the CSV is a little bit like the GK Enhanced. On the webpage from this Bible you can see https://www.csv-bibel.de/strongs/h3381 41604015_Bildschirmfoto2022-01-03um09_38_12.png.07df09e0df2f23c2c08ec8cddcdd0f6e.png .

This is the same as 

1348707152_Bildschirmfoto2022-01-03um09_44_48.thumb.png.1cbcd197e7fe225b1bbd0af6084f5c01.png

Both has to be highlighted. 

The words with a circa translation  has a tilde before the number. 

945898778_Bildschirmfoto2022-01-03um09_58_08.png.78d5dbf6097cdbd8e71cbd6003ccf650.png

Thanks for preparation of this Bible.

Fabian

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 10/1/2021 at 5:21 PM, Mark Allison said:

On 10/1/2021 at 2:34 PM, rokas said:

While it's nice you're bringing out tagged German Bibles, it's a shame these aren't the most up-to-date translations.

Are you planning to produce Elberfelder 2006, Luther 1984/2017 or Schlachter 2000 in tagged format?

Any update? I keep checking most weeks, but it is now 7months later, and I still haven't seen anything. Thanks!