List of textual differences THGNT & NA28th? Can't find one

Julia Falling

Hey –

I seem to remember seeing a list of textual differences between the two, but can't find it.  If I just compare in Accordance, I'll get all the spelling differences.  Does anyone know where I can find a list?  I've done a web search and came up empty.  

Thanks

Have a tab open with both texts as parallel panes. Then go to the “Display” menu and select “List Text Differences”

Check this out, and the link to the FB post. If you're not in the FB text criticism group, it's worth it. So is Nerdy Language Majors, by the way. Dirk (editor of THGNT) regularly responds to inquiries about specific text choices in the edition. 

http://evangelicaltextualcriticism.blogspot.com/2020/01/collation-of-na28-and-thgnt.html

• Like 1

Iconoclaste – Thanks for your reply.  I knew about that but also knew it would give me all the spelling differences.  Since the THGNT stuck closer to whatever spelling was used in the manuscripts and is not as "standardized" as the NA28th, the number of differences would be very large.  I was hoping someone had already gone through and eliminated those and just whittled it down to the differences that make a difference in translation.

Adam – Thanks for your reply and the link.  Well, it certainly is a long list, and, as I expected, is mostly spelling differences that make zero difference in translation.  Shouldn't be too bad if I go through a page a day.  Downloaded the articles and the list.

Thanks to you both for your input.

Julia

You know you have a full panel of preferences for the text compare. May you play a little with them. For example turn off diacritics.

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

Oh. Yes, I own a print copy of THGNT but I don't currently use it so I forgot about the spelling differences. 

Is the lexical form of Δαυειδ indeed tagged as Δαυειδ or as Δαυιδ in the THGNT? Are the lexical forms tagged according to their different spelling or according to their conventional spelling in Accordance?

If I do a search for Δαυίδ in the THGNT, I get it with all the spelling variations, Δαυεὶδ and Δαυίδ.