More Copy/Export options please

Steven MacDonald

Hello,

I am a BibleWorks user who has just switched to Accordance s I am still getting used to things.  One of the biggest issues I am having right now is with simple copying/exporting of verses.  In BibleWorks I just did a simple Copy to Clipboard and then pasted in Microsoft Word.  It comes out as simple text.  No hyperlinks, superscripts, quotes, or anything like that.  Just simple text.  I would be very happy if this feature could be added!

I have attached some pictures showing all of the options and flexibility I have when exporting a text of Scripture.  Here are some of types of options provided as shown in the screenshots below:

Thank you.

Steve

BibleWorks Copy and Export Options.pdf

• Like 1

I'm still using BibleWorks to export interleaved texts (Greek and multiple English versions).

BibleWorks really had the best export options of any of the big Bible software programs.

• Like 1

Hello folks. Are you aware of the settings in the “Citation” category of the preferences? When you make a selection in the text and you right click (or go to the “Edit” menu) and you look at the “Copy As” options, you can select “Copy As Citation” to have an entirely customizable way of copying the text. 

If you leave all the “Markers” spaces blank

and you switch “Show As:” under “Content References” to “Omit Entire Reference”

and you un-select “Include Location URL”

and you select “Hide Superscripts”,

you can copy the text with just the verse references underneath and no superscripts or verse numbers throughout. Or you can have just the verse numbers, whatever floats your boat. Fiddle around with those settings and post again if you cannot copy the way you want to.

• Like 1

Thank you.  I will definitely be experimenting.  Is there a way to do a Copy As Citation where I can include multiple texts such as Greek or Hebrew along with the English text?  That would really make my day.  I basically just need to do that kind of export into Microsoft Word so arranging, etc. can be done for further study.  

Thanks.

Steve

Edited by macdonalds

Hello Steve, 

The short answer is no, but there is a different way to make that happen more speedily. 

Use the “Get Verses” feature. For “Get Verses” to work, it needs to be enabled in the “Export” section of the preferences.

When you're working in M Word, enter the keyboard shortcut command-option-A on a Mac, or control-option-A on a PC while Accordance is open in the background.

Accordance will display a dialogue box that allows you to select verses references and the text module you wish to copy the verses from. Be sure to select “Use Citation Format” if you want Accordance to copy it over according to the settings you set in the “Citation” category of the preferences. Also, be sure to select “Match formatting during insert” if you want to paste using your document's font. 

To just use “Get Verses” twice in a row to quickly copy over the same Scripture reference from different text modules, including the original languages.

Lastly, if you go back to the same place in the preferences where you enabled “Get Verses”, there is an option to “Use selected verse reference from word processor”. What this means, is that if in Microsoft Word you type John 15:4 and you click and drag your cursor to select John 15:4, Accordance will enter John 15:4 into “Get Verses”, making it faster, depending on what you're doing. 

Thank you for the great information.

I also was able to copy multiple versions using the text browser window.  Lots of new things to try.

Last thing for now - Is there any way to export/paste passages from English/Greek/Hebrew texts where the versions could be interleaved for each verse?

I have a lot more learning to do :-)

Edited by macdonalds