Dropbox Unreliability

rcdeacon

I have an ipad 2 Air, a 2017 MacBook Air and a Windows Surface Pro 6. I have just spent the last couple of hours trying to straighten out my highlight files that got whooped up syncing with Dropbox between all three devices. If I only stick with the ipad and MacBook things seem to go fine but when I throw the Windows device into the mix things get messed up. I have NEVER had good experiences with Dropbox on the Windows side of the house. I am not sure why things get messed up primarily with highlights but they do. When I sync depending on the device (ipad excluded) I get strange numbers for the syncing process. I did call Tech Support on this issue but there seems to be no resolution. I have had to reinstall Windows recently and consequently Accordance and now the syncing task numbers are better but they are not right! I am on 13.1.5 on both the Surface Pro 6 and MacBook Air (2017) running Big Sur and the ipad running 3.2.1.

Bob

How do your highlights get messed up?  What is wrong with them after syncing?

Having trouble sending screenshot. The error has to do with not being to send with that file extension.

Bob

As long as I sync with Mac products all is well. It is only when I interject my Surface Pro 6 running Windows 10 Home that there is a problem.

Bob

• Like 1

I do have Teamviewer installed if that is an option.

Bob

Many thanks to Silas for the help with highlighting reliability! Top notch help from a top notch company. Thank you Silas!

Bob

• Like 2

I have an ipad 2 Air, a 2017 MacBook Air and a Windows Surface Pro 6. I have just spent the last couple of hours trying to straighten out my highlight files that got whooped up syncing with Dropbox between all three devices. If I only stick with the ipad and MacBook things seem to go fine but when I throw the Windows device into the mix things get messed up. I have NEVER had good experiences with Dropbox on the Windows side of the house. I am not sure why things get messed up primarily with highlights but they do. When I sync depending on the device (ipad excluded) I get strange numbers for the syncing process. I did call Tech Support on this issue but there seems to be no resolution. I have had to reinstall Windows recently and consequently Accordance and now the syncing task numbers are better but they are not right! I am on 13.1.5 on both the Surface Pro 6 and MacBook Air (2017) running Big Sur and the ipad running 3.2.1.

Bob

After going around and around and around for years with dropbox and my files and notes becoming corrupt several times over those years (and although the A team has done a fantastic job of rescuing my data), I'm DONE with dropbox. I quit sometime late last year. It's a small inconvenience to sync with the laptop every few days, but not the end of the world. And the piece of mind is worth it. 

• Like 3

Due to the Dropbox problem I attempted to do the wifi sync but was unable to make it work, so I quit.

Bob

FYI, I finally have been able to make the wifi sync work. I am DONE with Dropbox! I have been syncing successfully with wifi for 5 days. I am very thankful I was able to get it to work! Not sure why I had trouble getting this to work.

Bob

• Like 1