Searching for lunate sigma in user bible

Λύχνις Δαν

Hi ya,

Acc 13

Win 10 but I guess generic behaviour.

I have a user bible of the Sinaiticus which uses lunate sigma. I cannot search for words containing that letter even if I cut and paste a word directly into the search box.

Quick Entry shows this when I try to type:

post-32023-0-27461600-1611437941_thumb.png

Clearly προϲ does not appear. The image below shows an example if I search by wildcard.

post-32023-0-25354100-1611438003_thumb.png

Now if I cut and paste and search by pasting  προϲ I get:

post-32023-0-25530600-1611438057_thumb.png

Thx

Δ

Edited by Λύχνις Δαν
  • Like 1

I tried this on Mac after reimporting the source for the UB in 13 - as Fabian suggested. The search for the lunate sigma works on Mac but not on Windows so it's not a generic issue but specific to Windows.

I should note that I cannot type the lunate sigma in προϲ in the search box. I can cut and paste it in but both Words and Flex searches prevent me typing the character. I suspect it's related to the quick entry pop-up that does not show and words with lunate sigmas but I don't know.

Thx

D

Edited by Λύχνις Δαν

I guess the lunata sigma is not supported on the Accordance font. Ok. it goes to ς. 

• Like 1

I assume you mean it's not in the Helena font. It is in the Accordance font.

Thx

D

Yes, sorry Helena not the Accordance unicode. But I guess the characters are the same. 

Daniel, can you post or send me the file you imported this user bible from?

Or even better, create an import file that reproduces the simplest case of the bug that you can come up with?  (not needed, but it will help me get it done more quickly)

Hi Silas,

Ok that was a little unexpected. I tried just creating a UB with the Genesis text up to 22:9. That would include the example above at 22:1. But doing that I then see the προϲ in the quick entry and can search for it. But in the one I did on the w/e with the full text I don't see προϲ in the quick entry cannot search for it. Now, I should mention, in both cases I did the import UB on Mac and then copied that UB to Windows. So I can send you both the full file and the Genesis fragment if you can PM me an email address.

Thx

D

• Like 1

Hello Silas

I know this is the Windows thread. But I'm not able on the Mac to search for the "Sin" in this text. The one I've downloaded from the Exchange. 

It comes up in the Quick Entry, but then the search fails. 

post-32723-0-89703100-1611645632_thumb.png

post-32723-0-11036600-1611645659_thumb.png

Fabian