User tools

staleyja

Does the highlight feature in user tools for work in IOS?

I selected some text to highlight and the highlight tool appeared but when I touched the highlight style to highlight it, it disappeared and the text selection disappeared with not highlighting.

I just tested it, and I can highlight User Tool content on my iPad. Not certain why it wouldn't work for you. Perhaps some generic steps like restarting Accordance and your device might help.

Nope that didn’t work. I can do it in Bible text but not in user tools. I have a copy of John Gill’s commentary that I downloaded from user tools from the Accordance user group that I was trying to highlight. I was able to get one word to highlight but only one time out of about 10 times of trying. I selected a section of text to highlight but when I choose the style it gives me a the pop-over to choose the style but then it disappears.

Important!

In Accordance you cannot highlight "User Tools". You have to convert it to a regular tool first. See he Help Files

http://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/OSX13/Default.htm#topics/05_dd/convert_user-tool.htm#kanchor22

Important 2!!

But then you can't make changes!

Important 3!!!

If you want make changes, you have to go to the "Old User Tool" folder. Pick up the module make changes and convert it again. The User Tool goes then again to the Old User Tool folder. 

Edited by Fabian