Searching Frequency Across Texts

y00nsk

I'm trying to increase my reading of non-biblical Greek texts while focusing on vocabulary words that appear most frequently across all my Greek texts. My plan is to focus on memorizing just those words that are most frequent across all my texts as I come across them in my reading.

Is there a way then to read the Apostolic Fathers (for example) in Greek with words highlighted that appear most frequently across all my Greek texts? How would I go about doing this? Also, is there a way to search for frequency based on percentage and not just "count?"

I think this may be a bit tricky right now. What I think would be great is for the Research feature to support the Analysis tab - this isn't the only use case either. Then you could get the counts directly. Right now you'll basically have to get the list of words from Analysis for each text and then merge those lists in some external tool, aggregating the totals, and sort them.

You could then take that list of words and take the x most frequent and search for them in the AF and then highlight the hits.

Thx

D

• Like 1

Thanks for your response. I know how to get the words from the Analysis tab and I can combine them, but how would I search for this custom list of words within the Apostolic Fathers? Sorry, I'm mostly a beginner with Accordance. If there's a tutorial somewhere I should reference, please let me know.

Ok, so once you have a list of words you can open a new search tab for the AF text and then enter the query in the search box.

post-32023-0-58251300-1610555733_thumb.jpg

Once you see all the hits right click anywhere in the text pane and select Highlight All Hits and choose whichever highlight you want to use.

A couple of notes:

There may be a limitation on the length of the query but you can do it more than once with different lists of words if necessary.

You may want to create a new highlight file before you do this to keep these highlights separate from others you have.

Thx

D