NICNT Update

wcombs

In the sale announced today, the NICNT update has one new volume, a new volume on Ephesians, bringing the total to 20 vols. In the recent past, as I remember, when a new volume or volumes were added there was an option to add the new volume(s) and have a new collection with the new total, such as NICNT (20 vols). For instance, in my Library I have both NICNT (18 vols) and NICNT (19 vols). The sale announced today seems to indicated that I would just add Ephesians as an individual book. Is that a change on how updates are going to be handled in the future with new NICNT volumes simply added individually?

Bill

• Like 2

In addition, there are two new OT volumes.  Very often when a set is updated there is the opportunity to have the full set upgrade at the best combined discount. 

In my opinion the upgrade are often too expensive. You get the whole for $600 and the ugrade with 3 new volumes cost $200. Really?

• Like 1

With the new web site, if you are logged in, instead of an upgrade button, there is now an upgrade price shown Below the main price but this isnt always there in which case contact sales for a specific price. 

post-31185-0-33348600-1610530220_thumb.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser

My upgrade price for the three new volumes is $61.85

Edited by Brian W. Davidson
  • Like 2

My upgrade price for the three new volumes is $61.85

Mhh. I have the NICNT-19, NICOT-26, Rom, Gal, Col-Phm-Eph, Hag-Mal.

But I know the Accordance store still display only the half of my library.

Contact sales.

I try but sale@ is dead, orders@ is dead ...

No reaction if I hit the Chat button ...

Edited by Fabian

Dont forget they are us time zone. You can leave a message on chat but i tend to email or just give them a couple of hours. 

;o) 

Yes but I got an error message as I sent the email. This has nothing to do of the time zone. 

I saw sales@ is changed to orders@, but this has also failed.

I refer back to the original post.  Will we need to access the new volumes as single stand alone modules or can we access them via the full OT/NT collection?

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn

While there is a change in upgrades as far as the product pages (no longer a separate product page for an upgrade), there is no change in how the upgrades are done. If you previously purchased a set, the new set product page should give you the upgrade price from your current library (make sure you are signed into your account.) Upgrading to the latest collection will give you the latest full set with the new volumes. No need to purchase the individual volumes.

• Like 2

slightly related...

While there is a change in upgrades as far as the product pages (no longer a separate product page for an upgrade), there is no change in how the upgrades are done. If you previously purchased a set, the new set product page should give you the upgrade price from your current library (make sure you are signed into your account.) Upgrading to the latest collection will give you the latest full set with the new volumes. No need to purchase the individual volumes.

this is taking some getting used to.

the main product page does give you updated pricing, but you don't see which modules are actually included in the upgrade, like it did before.

so for the pillar upgrade from the previous set, it's only one book so i guess i can figure it out by looking at the set history.

but say you wanted to upgrade a collection, i have no idea what i'm paying for and getting in the upgrade like i did before. now it seems like i have go through the modules one by one and see what i have and don't have. i know that list that would pop up with the modules included wasn't always accurate but it was nice to see. 

is that now gone or maybe i'm missing something?

(and i totally get that it's not easy to organize everything esp. with all the potential possible upgrades paths and differing pricing depending on what modules people already own making it even more difficult. so thankful for accordance. i can just imagine how challenging this task must be)

thanks!

Edited by Andrew G
  • Like 1

In my opinion the upgrade are often too expensive. You get the whole for $600 and the ugrade with 3 new volumes cost $200. Really?

ya it's $61.85 as someone pointed out.

i think for me personally, it's more that the sale price is the same as it was before the 3 new volumes were added (which is great of course). on the other hand, IF i had just waited, i could have purchased it now for instance and got it all for $599, but now I have to pay more to get the new volumes. of course, we don't know when new volumes will be added and there will always be new volumes added/updated and with the sale 61 for 3 volumes is still a fantastic price. i guess it just comes down to determining whether you need a particular set now or if it's not something urgent and you can wait till it's almost completed before purchasing. of course, this is very natural since collections will always be a better value than individual purchases.

and i totally get accordance needs to make money on new stuff being added and shouldn't just give it away and they worked hard to make them available to us so i'm happy to support and that's how i justify it (that I'm supporting accordance), but it is something I did have to think through.

Edited by Andrew G
  • Like 1

ya it's $61.85 as someone pointed out.

i think for me personally, it's more that the sale price is the same as it was before the 3 new volumes were added (which is great of course). on the other hand, IF i had just waited, i could have purchased it now for instance and got it all for $599, but now I have to pay more to get the new volumes. of course, we don't know when new volumes will be added and there will always be new volumes added/updated and with the sale 61 for 3 volumes is still a fantastic price. i guess it just comes down to determining whether you need a particular set now or if it's not something urgent and you can wait till it's almost completed before purchasing. of course, this is very natural since collections will always be a better value than individual purchases.

and i totally get accordance needs to make money on new stuff being added and shouldn't just give it away and they worked hard to make them available to us so i'm happy to support and that's how i justify it (that I'm supporting accordance), but it is something I did have to think through.

Thanks, Jimmie calculated it new for me. Now I have also the $60. There is / was something wrong with the automatic calculation. 

But I saw a few times where the calculation was in the case that the upgrade for a few new modules was the a third of the full. Maybe Accordance put a logic in that if the upgrade price is more than a specific percent then it goes on error and on manual processing.

Yes, I was signed in. Otherwise you don't get the "Your Price". 

The automatic says still $189. Even Jimmie calculated another price. 

post-32723-0-25798600-1610609321_thumb.png

I guess you have to check, whats happened here.

Edited by Fabian

I used orders@ successfully today.

I see you post is on 01:03 AM. I reported the bug hours before. It seems it is fixed. I don't get instantly a fail message.

Upgrading to the latest collection will give you the latest full set with the new volumes. No need to purchase the individual volumes.

Julie the problem was that the upgrade price for the full collection was much more than the individual modules combined ($338 against $62).  So I'm having to bypass the collection upgrade, even though I will have all the modules.  

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn

p.s.  Having now purchased the three new individual modules (Ref. Ricardo at sales), I still don't have access to the new combined collection.  My sales cart still wants me to pay for the upgrade.  

but say you wanted to upgrade a collection, i have no idea what i'm paying for and getting in the upgrade like i did before. now it seems like i have go through the modules one by one and see what i have and don't have. i know that list that would pop up with the modules included wasn't always accurate but it was nice to see. 

is that now gone or maybe i'm missing something?

Andrew, I realize these are complicated on your end. And the changes on the new website don't make these upgrades easy. Because the upgrades themselves no longer have their own product pages, it is best to check the informational article for each series. There is a History Chart for the individual volume history. There is a link on each product page, but see if these are helpful:

NICNT Article

NICOT Article

Pillar Article

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Andrew, I realize these are complicated on your end. And the changes on the new website don't make these upgrades easy. Because the upgrades themselves no longer have their own product pages, it is best to check the informational article for each series. There is a History Chart for the individual volume history. There is a link on each product page, but see if these are helpful:

NICNT Article

NICOT Article

Pillar Article

Thanks for pointing out the volume history pages. Very clear.

John