Remove the trackers

Fabian

I get this. But.. you should actually probably marvel at how few of these are on Accordance's site. Moreover, those are all pretty benign.

If you have a concern regarding these things I'd recommend you use and install the browser Brave.

To make a Wishlist where you get an e-mail if the items on it are on Sale, would be much more appreciated from the customers. On the Wishlist you can also see what your customers want. Without sharing the data with FB etc. 

• Like 1

I get this. But.. you should actually probably marvel at how few of these are on Accordance's site. Moreover, those are all pretty benign.

If you have a concern regarding these things I'd recommend you use and install the browser Brave.

The bad things from the old website are developed for the new one. 

The good things are still missing. 

The features I have requested are mostly still missing.

None of these trackers are used in nefarious ways, I assure you. And we don't see anyone's actual identity. But, for instance, we advertise on both Google and Facebook. It's helpful to us gauge how much response we get from these ads to know how to budget our ads in the future. Without the trackers it would be a shot in the dark. 

If, however, you don't want to be tracked on sites (other sites use much more trackers than us), there are numerous utilities for blocking tracker, and some of these functions are now being built into browsers, as well. 

• Like 1

I'm still not happy with it. On Apple.com there are no trackers. And I guess you know in the meantime the average response.

On Apple.com there are no trackers. 

Well, when we become a trillion-dollar company, I suppose we won't need them either ;-) 

• Like 4

You can install uBLock Origin to remove all trackers in your browser when you navigate. It's available as a plugin for the most common browsers.

Edited by lesterchua

As more and more use blocks. And the usefullness get lost. 

R-E-M-O-V-E I-T A-N-Y-W-A-Y !

FB accuses others, but itself they are the worst of all. https://www.heise.de/news/Facebook-verklagt-portugiesische-Entwickler-wegen-gestohlener-Nutzerdaten-5025119.html

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1

I don't like it, No I hate it, you give the customers information away to make money. Where is your integrity. I know American companies are the worst of all. They think the datas of a customer are theirs. No, my datas are mine! 

You have a double standard. One the one hand you yell always ©, © and again ©. On the other hand you spread our datas through the whole world. My datas are protected© by ME and the law of my country.

Edited by Fabian

Fabian, it’s clear that you feel very ‘stongly’ about this.

Accordance have clearly proved themselves as having a very strong ‘customer first’ ethic over these many years.  While we the users continually push for lower prices, we must be more appreciative that they would want to benefit from other means.  Personally, I would rather have a few companies know my spending habits if it brings long-term security for a company that I highly depend on.  In any case how can we expect to remain completely anonymous in this digital. My supermarket tracks everything I buy, I don’t mind, it helps them stock the things that interest me.  

And as has been previously said, you can load a tracker blocker for hardly any cost.  

I appeal you to be a little more flexible.  

Yours,

Paul.

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn
  • Like 4

Post edit...  

In any case how can we expect to remain completely anonymous in this digital age. My supermarket tracks everything I buy, I don’t mind, it helps them stock the things that interest me.   And as has been previously said, you can load a tracker blocker for hardly any cost.  I appeal to you to be a little more flexible.  

My supermarket tracks everything I buy, I don’t mind, it helps them stock the things that interest me.

I want to be so anonymous as possible. 

I haven't fall in that trap like you have done. I don't have any supermarket card etc. Instead of being cheaper, the marked needs a lot of money to give you a card, make a lot of advertisements etc. all what you get is a little tiny back if you use that card. But you have to pull down your underwear. So the people fell in a trap. They think: "Oh with this card I get some discounts". The truth is the whole system cost a lot of money and which you have to pay. A little more if you don't use their trap. But you pay it anyway. The products would be cheaper if they don't waste money to trap you. 

No, definitely NO. Away with this. Also on the Accordance websites. 

I know there are people who defend all what their beloved Bible software is doing. On the L forums it's nearly really abstruse.

We have a very small number of trackers compared with our competition. What we have is for very specific purposes. We're not selling anyone's information. It's strictly for our own internal business use. I respect your opinion, and we hear you, Fabian; but I can tell you, we're not going to change what we're doing in this area in the near future. If this is a concern, I suggest you use a blocker. 

I'm closing this discussion from future comments because everything that's to be said here has been said.

• Like 5