Corrupted Library —

bdollahite

Need help.

1.  Items in my library keep disappearing.

2.  They are able to be re-installed via easy install, but new modules disappear, which are also able to be re-installed, but in doing so other module become missing.  I thought I had finally become stable, but when I just opened by library — all of by tool structure (folders created by Accordance as well as by me) were gone -- All my tools are in one list.  

3.  My texts seem to have the structure I created for them.

Support had suggested that if I was not stable by tonight — I should delete everything, and start over will a new install.  Ugh.

I guess that is what I will need to do.

My plan — may a copy of my Accordance Preference folder - so I have possibility to restore some structure from it - if someone can tell we where the text, tools, and my stuff structure items reside.

As I need Accordance to teach on Sunday, I will start this process in 2 hours or so, just in case anyone on the forum see this post and has a better idea.  If you do, please chime in here. 

Thanks

-Bert

Typo correction — plan is to make a copy of existing preference folder - not may ...

As I have now arranged for coverage for my teaching responsibilities this Sunday for Sunday School — I have decide to wait for guidance here from knowledge helpful people, or from Accordance support, who I have emailed as well.  

Sounds like a pesistent bug.  Have you tried opening Acc. in safe mode.  Hold down ⌥ option when you start accordance.  I would suggest selecting the two rebuild settings and all the clean up options.  

Thanks Paul,  I have done that — and it did not fix my issues.

Sorry, bdollahite, things like this can be a real nuisance. My personal experience is that technical will get it sorted for you, they have every time for me.  I'd give them call Monday.  Sorry I couldn't be of more help. 

Issue resolved —no ned for any additional comments.  Thanks to those who read this post and considered what they might advise.

• Like 1

Issue resolved —no ned for any additional comments.  Thanks to those who read this post and considered what they might advise.

I just came across your posts and was curious - how did you resolve this?

I've had various technical issues with the Accordance app, hence my interest.

I had already tried safe boot —resetting caches and removed startup session, but it did not resolve my Library structure's corruption.  I sorted the tools section alphabetically (recall it had no structure) and verified that the Accordance app was itself functioning and that by library modules were not corrupted.  I did this by open each and doing a simple search.  All my modules checked out ok.  While going through my tools I did find 6 or 7 files that had funky names - obviously not a real module name.  Name like nil (i.e. no name as if it was a space, but there was no space; name that were very long with Zaph DIngbat type symbols in them).  I tried to attached an image of top of my tool library so you can see five of the seven funky named files (the other two were sorted at the bottom) - but could not find way to upload/post this file.  I emptied my trash before I did the next step.  I then right clicked on each funky file name and selected removed module from library and place it in the trash.  After doing so – each time my trash was still empty, implying to me there were ghost images/non-existent files.  After removing all of them, my trash still had zero files and zero bits in it when I did a “Get Info” on the trash.  Next I used the rebuilt tools organization button in Accordance preference -> Appearance tab. Accordance default structure was almost instantly restored, and my library's tool module were properly "filed."  I again validate that key modules were accessible and that I could create structure within the tools category — and I could.  I restarted Accordance and validate everything was still working as I would expect.  I next opened Easy Install - and the corruption that had been in it was gone, and it showed that no module needed to be installed.  I scanned the installed files listing in easy install and it appeared my library had in it the module I had purchased over the last 15+ years.  

Oh - and the most important action - I had prayed that what I was about to attempt would resolve my issues.  God was gracious and answered that prayer.

Hope this helps.  I may have done there things - but the above is what I recall doing.

Edited by bdollahite
  • Like 3