"Providence" by John Piper

Jesse Dornfeld

I would buy this from accordance ASAP if it was made available for purchase. I will likely get the book already, but having it for Accordance would be amazing.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Moving this to module requests.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for asking such a simple question, but I have purchased the book and it comes with a PDF download of the book. I imported this into Accordance, but I do not know where to find it in the Accordance application.

Edit: Apparently it did not fully import as the importing stopped before it was finished.

Edited by Jesse D

After you do get it imported, it will be in the library under My Stuff: My Tools

That's the problem. It's not importing and IDK what the problem is.

I tried attaching a video where I went through the process, but the forum says I am not permitted to upload that kind of file.

Previously, I looked up how to import a file. I saw it loading the upload for the PDF, but then the indicator bar stopped midway and didn't finish. I tried to do it multiple ways. First, I tried importing by creating a new user tool. That's when I thought it worked and I just couldn't find it. But then I tried Importing to a user tool I made myself and that still didn't work.

So now IDK what to do.

Yes if the import stops, then nothing is imported. 

One reason, and I repeat me, is if the Bible references are like "Gen 2:4, 5". AFAIK this was possible one time but not now anymore. I hope this is fixed in 13.1.6. Either if Accordance can handle this (again) or if the automatic Verse linker omitted such verses instead of made a crash. In the later you have then by hand to do the links (plural). 

Fabian

That's the problem. It's not importing and IDK what the problem is.

Jesse, email me your PDF, and I'll take a look. RMansfield@accordancebible.com

Jesse, email me your PDF, and I'll take a look. RMansfield@accordancebible.com

Thanks, Richard.

I've titled the email "Providence by John Piper not importing."

Edited by Jesse D

• 2 months later...

Did anyone have any luck figuring this out?  I'd love to be able to import my copy of the PDF in as well, but am having issues as well!

Jesse, I apologize because I don't believe I ever got back to you on this. I did try to open your file. And it's very large. I believe that's the main issue. If you could split it up, you might have better success. I'm going to have a go at it myself tonight, and if it works for me, I'll send a User Tool back to you.

On a related note, as has been mentioned already, PDF import will be greatly improved in an upcoming update. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I'm interested in all the updates/replacement volumes in TCNT. As well, the new volumes in Pillar NTC.

- Terry B Wiebe

@tbwiebe By the way, in the future, you might want to start new threads on these so your requests don't get overlooked.

We are working on new Pillar stuff, stay tuned!

We are in the process of securing new Tyndale Commentary content as well.