Disable verse picker animation (iPad)

Christoph Koehler

Hi there!

Really enjoy the app! One thing bothers me, though: The iPad verse picker (grid) animations are just too slow!

Right now, when I pick a verse, the grid appears, then the pane resizes to show the whole grid. During that animation, no input is accepted, so I have to tap, wait, tap, wait, tap to select a passage. I'd really like to either disable the animation, or have it resize much quicker, so I can just tap, tap, tap.

Thanks!

Christoph

• Like 1

+1

Gentlemen, I'm not seeing any lag on the latest iPad Pro 2020.

Or on my first generation ipad pro or iphone 8 running the last version of the os.

Gentlemen, I'm not seeing any lag on the latest iPad Pro 2020.

It’s not lag. It’s probably an 

animated: true

on a call to 

presentViewController

or someting, per https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/uiviewcontroller/1621380-presentviewcontroller

I’d like that to be false if possible. Or at least customize the animation to be much much faster. 

• Like 1

Thank you Christoph for the clarification, but my experience is that the animation is not noticeably slow, it’s certainly quick enough for the next page to be available by time my eye can locate the box of my choice.  Granted, it may be easy enough to have a choice to dispense with the animation.  

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn

It is fine when the content between book/chapter/verse doesn’t differ much in size. I see it most in the psalms. Maybe I am too fast for my own good, but I keep noticing it.

I notice this mainly in the Psalms as well. I also get something similar when changing the module in the parallel pane. For example change from a text, where you might have many options, to a study Bible where you might have fewer options, and the whole chooser pane resizes. I don’t like that.

• Like 1