Corruption of user notes on export to PDF

Darin Franklin

I am trying to "print" all of my user notes to PDF, since there doesn't seem to be a better way to export notes to a file.

It produces a PDF with exactly 100 pages, and then the user notes become corrupted in Accordance at the point where it ended, which happens to be Jer 43:12.  When I restart Accordance, then the corruption is gone.

This is what I am doing.

File > New Tab > User Notes > Notes

File > Print…

PDF > Save as PDF

As it is generating the PDF file, the verse text in the top part of the Notes pane keeps changing, and it seems to get slower as it progresses.  When it reaches page 100, it just stops, and the text in the pane is a jumble of all the verses that were displayed up to that point.

Accordance 13.1.5

macOS Catalina 10.15.7

• Like 1

The corruption in the User Notes pane appears to be just in the way that it draws the screen. It returns to normal if I scroll down a few pages and then back to the top.  When I do File > Print, the print preview opens, and the corruption on screen happens.

The main problem is that I can't export all of my notes to PDF.  There are two things which prevent me from doing that.

1. The print preview shows a maximum page of 100.  Even if I click Show Details and set the page range to 1 - 9999, it only goes to 100.  When I save to PDF, it stops at page 100.

2. The PDF has a font size of 18.667, even though I set "Use default font size of: 9" in File > Print Settings.  It does use my margin settings, but not the font size.

The very large font size limits the amount of text that will fit on one page, and then the 100 page limit prevents me from exporting all of my notes.

• Like 1