Mistake in KJV Text

ssel

I don't know if this is the place to report this, (if there is a dedicated place to report errors in Bible/module texts, please inform me).

There is an error in the KJV with Strong's text, in Numbers 10:25, the word "rereward" ought to be "rearward."

I can confirm this in both the Windows and Android version.

KJVS version 3.6

Accordance 13.1.5

Windows 10

It's not an error. It's an obsolete spelling but that's the beauty of the KJV really.

It's like this in my print version.

Thx

D

• Like 3

, (if there is a dedicated place to report errors in Bible/module texts, please inform me).

Ssel, welcome to the forum!

If you highlight some text, there is a report correction option. This screen shot is ios but its there in the other platforms. 

otherwise just copy the text and paste with its reference and send to corrections@accordancebible.com along with a description of the error. I had to use this method initially when my email didnt sync with accordance but now i  Still tend to use this option if there is a recurring formatting type error throughout a module such as strange line breaks in the middle of words. 

you should get a notification that accordance will review it. They also follow up with an explanation if its not an error.

post-31185-0-25160200-1609056602_thumb.jpeg

post-31185-0-31365000-1609057584_thumb.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser

Hi ukfraser,

Thank you for that information.

It's not an error. It's an obsolete spelling but that's the beauty of the KJV really.

It's like this in my print version.

Thx

D

Hmm, that's funny. In my physical KJV, a Ryrie Study Bible, it's "rearward." I'll have to check on other KJVs.

Hi ukfraser,

Thank you for that information.

Hmm, that's funny. In my physical KJV, a Ryrie Study Bible, it's "rearward." I'll have to check on other KJVs.

If you check dictionaries you will learn that Daniel is correct. The word, "rereward" is the correct, original, old English term. Further, the 1611 edition actually shows it as "rere-ward."