Price Differences in Logos / Accordance for the same resource

Cnthetford

I am looking at a commentary set here:

$280 - Zondervan Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament | ZECNT (10 vols.) | Logos Bible Software

$439 - Zondervan Exegetical Commentary - Accordance (accordancebible.com)

Granted the Accordance version has one additional volume but why the massive price difference?

I have seen this before and perhaps there are other resources where Logos is more expensive.  I'm not sure.

I really don't want to switch products and lose my current investment.

I really don't want to have to use both tools any time I want to study because I've bought resources in both.

I really don't want to pay an extra $150 for the same product.

It seems like I'm going to have to choose the lesser of 3 evils (which I'm thinking is the second option).

I'm looking into this to see what we can do. 

• Like 1

Thanks Ruby.   If there are significant feature differences, it might just be a matter of highlighting the advantages in the description.

• Like 1

Thanks Ruby.   

You're welcome, Bronze ;-)

• Like 1

Okay, here is what I can tell you--as Mark already reported earlier today, we have six new titles being added to the ZEC. I would expect to see them early in 2021--probably in January unless something unforeseen happens. At that point, we will have a new bundle that will be significantly discounted upon launch, and I've been told we will have discounts on the upgrade for those who have the current set.

• Like 2

In fairness there have many occasions where Accordance prices have clearly outmatched any competitor prices (sometimes by as much as 50%).  I think it's just the nature of the best deal at the time. Competition.

• Like 3

In fairness there have many occasions where Accordance prices have clearly outmatched any competitor prices (sometimes by as much as 50%). I think it's just the nature of the best deal at the time. Competition.

That is so true! Especially with the NICOT/NT series and other products! Besides the graphics clearly blow the competition out of the water! I use both so it compensates in a way, but that’s just me.

• Like 1

I was going to mention how New International Commentary at Accordance is far cheaper than L.... but having done a search it is like it's reversed where L. has reasonable prices and Accordance has become expensive. But apparently prices fluctuate but there are times often where Accordance will have the best price.

-dan

Maybe contracts vary from resource to resource?

• 4 weeks later...

I was going to mention how New International Commentary at Accordance is far cheaper than L.... but having done a search it is like it's reversed where L. has reasonable prices and Accordance has become expensive. But apparently prices fluctuate but there are times often where Accordance will have the best price.

FYI: NICOT/NT is on sale right now.

Personally, I find Logos resources very expensive across the board except when things are on sale.
And it would seem like they price certain items very aggressively on resources that is available on Accordance to draw users away. It is a marketing strategy on their part.

• Like 1