While we're in a "Lockman" frame of mind...

doctorsteve

Thanks for the recent update to the NAS group - and I’m hoping since we’re in a Lockman frame of mind - we can get the update done to the Amplified Bible that’s five years past due now.  The 2015 update was a significant revision over the previous version - is it possible to get that in the queue?  Would really be appreciated!

Thanks & blessings for a wonderful Christmas season...

To be honest, I didn't realize there was an updated version! I've just contacted Lockman and we should be able to get started on this very soon.

• Like 2

To be honest, I didn't realize there was an updated version! I've just contacted Lockman and we should be able to get started on this very soon.

Mark, the rights are controlled by HarperCollins, not Lockman. I've talked with RP about it in the past. 

• Like 1

Mark & Richard...

Thanks SO very much for the quick response!  Other Bible applications have released it - so I'm sure hoping Accordance can as well!  I use this in tandem with the NASB in Bible studies for my fellowship - would love to be able to have both of them together digitally...

Blessings!

Doc

• Like 1

The LORD, the Psalmist's Shepherd.

A Psalm of David.
The LORD is my Shepherd [to feed, to guide and to shield me],
I shall not want.
He lets me lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still and quiet waters.
He refreshes and restores my soul (life);
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
for His name's sake.
Even though I walk through the [sunless] valley of the shadow of death,
I fear no evil, for You are with me;
Your rod [to protect] and Your staff [to guide], they comfort and console me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You have anointed and refreshed my head with oil;
My cup overflows.
Surely goodness and mercy and unfailing love shall follow me all the days of my life,
And I shall dwell forever [throughout all my days] in the house and in the presence of the LORD.
  ---AMPLIFIED 2015

Psalm 23
A Psalm of David.
THE LORD is my Shepherd [to feed, guide, and shield me], I shall not lack.
He makes me lie down in [fresh, tender] green pastures; He leads me beside the still and restful waters.
He refreshes and restores my life (my self); He leads me in the paths of righteousness [uprightness and right standing with Him—not for my earning it, but] for His name’s sake.
Yes, though I walk through the [deep, sunless] valley of the shadow of death, I will fear or dread no evil, for You are with me; Your rod [to protect] and Your staff [to guide], they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head withoil; my [brimming] cup runs over.
Surely or only goodness, mercy, and unfailing love shall follow me all the days of my life, and through the length of my days the house of the Lord [and His presence] shall be my dwelling place.
  ---AMPLIFIED CLASSIC

• 3 weeks later...

Happy New Year, Mark & Richard & Daniel!

Just wanted to circle back and see if this update to the 2015 Amplified is now on the radar for development at Accordance.  And also - just came across information on the NEW Lockman translation coming in 2021 being edited by John Macarthur - called the LEGACY STANDARD BIBLE.  Just went through the sample text they've released on Mark's gospel.  I guess the plan is to release the NT along with Psalms / Proverbs in the spring - then produce the full Bible translation by year end.  If this isn't on the radar, I thought you might want to get it on there.  Being a pastor who preaches / teaches out of the NASB, this translation produced in cooperation with Lockman will be even more literal...

Thanks & blessings for a GRACE-filled 2021!

Doc

And also - just came across information on the NEW Lockman translation coming in 2021 being edited by John Macarthur - called the LEGACY STANDARD BIBLE.  Just went through the sample text they've released on Mark's gospel.  I guess the plan is to release the NT along with Psalms / Proverbs in the spring - then produce the full Bible translation by year end.  If this isn't on the radar, I thought you might want to get it on there.  Being a pastor who preaches / teaches out of the NASB, this translation produced in cooperation with Lockman will be even more literal...

Yes, we're already in talks to offer this when it's available. I don't know if it will be released in stages or when it's complete.

• Like 1