TEXT command at phrase level?

Michel Gilbert

Hi Joel,

Is there a way to make the TEXT command work at the phrase level? And if not, would you consider implementing it as a feature request in the future? For instance, I tried this, which returned no hits:

post-32543-0-54866800-1607102028_thumb.png

Using the TEXT command at the word level is awesome. The ability to search for phrases with the TEXT command would be beyond awesome.

Thanks.

Michel

Which text are you searching here, that is, which syntactic databases' understanding of PHRASE are you trying?  If its Hebrew, why are you using TEXT for the BHS-T searches?

This works for me.  I think you had too many equals signs, requiring an exact match of Hebrew and Greek pointing:

Screen Shot 2020-12-04 at 11.25.16 AM.png

• Like 1

Joel,

Wúnderbar!! More than awesome. You astonish me.

Thanks for all the pointers. I was just using phrase as a group of two or more words. I see your point about thinking about it like a programmer does, in the context of the databases. And, I see your point about not having to use the TEXT command for the initial search. I'm just learning how to use the command, new to me, and, having a lot of fun with it.

Again, thank you. It really does open a new realm of possibilities for my work, which may begin appearing in 2022.

שׁלום

Michel

• Like 1