Choosing with resource opens when I double click

pandakruon

Sorry, 

This seems real obvious, but i can't seem to figure it out.

When I double click a work in the ESVS, why does it keep opening Heb/Gre dictionaries? I want it to open the Anchor Bible Dictionary. 

tHanks for the help.

Tagged texts = press shift before double click, to go to the English lexicon.

Thanks much! That worked!

Can I ask a couple quick follow-ups?

1 .Is there not a way to force the "ESV with Strong's" to link to Anchor, without with shift? Is that what it means to be tagged?

2. Is there another ESV text that will work for me? I noticed that the "CSB 2017" will triple click straight to Anchor.

3. Why am I triple clicking everything? Can I change all my triples to double clicks?

Thanks!

In answer to your questions...

1. No, the shift key is the only way to do this. Any key number or tagged text is designed to work with language dictionaries or lexicons. 

2. We do have a version of the ESV without Strong's numbering. You may already have it in your Library. In the Library pane, search for "ESV." When I do this, I can see both the ESV with Strong's numbering and the plain ESV text. The latter will automatically amplify to whatever dictionary you have set up for English words, which is the Anchor dictionary in your case. 

3. Normal computer conventions dictate placement of the insertion point with a single-click and selection of a word with double-click. Thus, we developed the triple-click for amplifying to other reference works.