Philo book names don't match in Greek and English

TYA

Why don't the Philo book names match in Greek and English.  In the Greek module I see "Spec" while in the corresponding English text, the book name is "Laws".  That makes searching cumbersome, or confusing.

post-35231-0-40860600-1606025481_thumb.jpg

Hi Toma,

The problem is the English names are actually from the Latin, which you probably already know. But the names in Latin do not appear to be Latin translations of the Greek names alas which I agree makes it difficult to work with. One thing you can do is open the Philo text and then go to Display -> List All Book Names. That will give you the conversion list.

But it might also be that a translation of names or glossed set of English names from the Greek might be a nice enhancement. Alas though, it would be unique to Accordance and would not mean anything in the academic papers and so on.

thx

D

• Like 1

I guess Mark Allison can update the English module so you can switch between the two languages in the book names. Either in English as it is now or it matches the transliterated from the Greek. (The one you have now chosen on the Greek text.) Mark:  :wub:

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1

Thanks both.  It looks like adding this (attached) do the "List all Book Names" would help.

On that note, it reminds of how I mentioned awhile back that the "Book Names" info could use a big boost in info.

Thanks again.

post-35231-0-08761700-1606093864_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Mark, can you please add to the English module the correspond name as it is in the Greek module?

Thanks.

• Like 2

Mark, can you please add to the English module the correspond name as it is in the Greek module?

Thanks.

It's on my list :-)

• Like 4