Dropbox Sync Crashes Accordance

dsuelzle

A new problem recently arose for me seemingly out of nowhere concerning my Dropbox syncing across my Mac, iPad, and iPhone. On all of them, trying to sync my content crashes the app. I didn't make any changes in my workflow. I had edited one of my user tools, which I frequently edit, went to sync manually with Dropbox, and the app crashed. I then tried it on my iPad and iPhone, with the same results. I thought it may have been a fluke, but I haven't been able to get my content to sync since a couple of days ago.

I went to my Dropbox account and deleted the User Tools folder. I also moved the User Tools folder out of my Accordance Files on my Mac. I did another sync, and that worked, basically removing all of my User Tools. I slowly began re-importing my user tools into Accordance. I would import about 50, then sync. This seemed to work. However, after I got about half way through my tools, the Dropbox sync would start crashing the app again. So I tried to isolate a single user tool that may have been the problem, but to no avail.

I have tried the 'Remove Saved Session' and 'Clear Download Cache' options in the iOS Accordance settings, but that hasn't worked.

Any thoughts?

On a side note, it would be really nice to be able to create and edit User Tools on the iOS versions. Editing my User Tools is really the only reason I ever open my laptop these days.

Accordance 13.1.4

iOS 14.2

MacOS 10.15.7

Does it give you a crash log when these crashes occur?

No crash log. On the Mac the app just freezes and stays that way until I force quit. I have left it frozen for a few hours to see if it would spit out a crash log, but it never does. On iOS the app just closes after freezing for about 30 seconds.

I now just got an error on my iPhone when trying to sync that says "DBRequestErrorRateLimit".

• 1 year later...

Was this ever resolved? When I close Accordance on my Mac, the Dropbox splash screen comes up--but nothing happens after that. Hitting stop doesn't do anything, and letting it run doesn't work either. It just freezes.