Switching between paragraphs with space and seperate with space

Anson

I find one of the most annoying things I have to do frequently in Accordance is to switch between displaying text as "paragraphs with space" (for reading) and "separate with space" (for line-by-line analysis). Not to mention I have to do it for each and every pane I am working on.

And there doesn't seem to be a short cut key for it. Is there?

Anson

First, you can change the paragraph display on the fly from the Display menu, rather than going to the Set Text Display dialog box. But no, there's no keyboard shortcut for it.

You could always set up and save a workspace with two tabs, one formatted for reading and the other formatted for line-by-line analysis. If you want them to scroll together so that they're always on the same passage, simply Tie the two tabs together. Then you don't have to change each pane all the time; you just have to switch between tabs.

By the way, you do realize that very few Bible programs even give you the option of changing the paragraph formatting of Bible text, right? :)

In OS X you can easily add or change the keyboard commands to menu items. Just go to System Preferences -> Keyboard & Mouse -> Keyboard Shortcuts. I just tried it with the Paragraphs menu item and it worked great. All you have to do is enter the exact text of the menu item, regardless if it is a submenu or not.

Archived