Issues with Importing User Bible

ct253

Hello. I got the problem solved from my last question here. However, now I've run into another issue. I've got Genesis and Exodus formatted and ready to go for importing as a user Bible. However, when I import them to test them out, Accordance suddenly cuts off the text at Exod 3:14 (see photo).

Is there a length limit on the Bibles you can import? Is that why it cut off here? I have included the text file so you can peep at that if it helps.

Thanks for any thoughts or help you can give!

Best,

Colin

post-35043-0-05043900-1605720771_thumb.png

There is a length limit of character per verse. But not what you have. 

Do you get an Error report?

Do you have used the HMT-W4 verse mapping or do you use the Standard King James Version verse mapping?

I guess you have to use the HMT-W4 for your Bible.

I didn't get an error report. I tried verse mapping with both HMT-W4 and NRSV, with the same result.

O.K. Then there is a "Character" Accordance has problems. 

Try to install by replace this line with a random line. If it works then try to install without the word after the " and try to type the word by yourself. Not copy paste. 

Copy the line in BBEdit search and replace post-32723-0-29432800-1605732987_thumb.png Maybe you'll see then some characters you don't see in the texts. Like ax97 or so in blue. Then you have to delete it and replace with a normal space. 

You're spot on. It was a backward apostrophe used in the transliteration of the Hebrew right there. Now it's working great! Thanks!

• Like 1

Great. Have fun with it.

May you have then to check the verse mapping at the end, when the import is finished or you are sure you have chosen the right one.