Misplaced Instant Details on iPad in landscape

jlm

Thanks for several improvements in Accordance 3.1.1. Here's a bug: Instant Details are being placed so far down that they're cut off in landscape orientation. I noticed this with a User Tool (in the screenshot), but then switched to Eerdmans Dictionary and had the same issue.

post-35131-0-05485800-1604140416_thumb.jpeg

Extra bonus bug: I also had a very strange experience with Instant Details, but I haven't had time to see if it's reproducible. I was reading a tagged English Bible, and had viewed the BDAG entry for a word in ID. Then I tapped the icon in the margin to show my User Notes in ID. I touched ID to scroll down, and was surprised to see Accordance open a Koine text not mentioned in my note. I tapped the back button and went on reading the note in ID, but when I touched another spot in ID, I got a popup explaining the abbreviation LXX. Apparently, even though it was displaying a User Note, taps were being interpreted according to the BDAG entry it had previously been displaying.

IOS 14.0.1.

Addendum: after reporting this, I went back to Accordance, which restarted, and now it positions ID correctly. Before, when it was doing it incorrectly, rotating between landscape and portrait didn't solve the problem: it was always visible in portrait and cut off in landscape. I don't know how it got into the state above. I tried the following sequence and a variant, but couldn't reproduce: force close, open Accordance in landscape, switch to another app, rotate to portrait, switch back to Accordance, tap ID.

Edited by jlm

• 1 month later...

I still don't have steps for reproducing this, but it continues to happen to me when I start Accordance in landscape orientation after not having used it for a while (at least an hour).