Smarter use of space

A. Smith

As I look at my (admittedly very large and complex) workspace, I can't help but wonder if there isn't some way to consolidate space a bit. Particularly, the space between zones. Perhaps search bars or tabs or I-don't-know-what could auto hide like the macOS doc, or similar to the iOS app? Also, I know the other guys aren't doing any better in this department. I just can't help but think that, with my 27" wide-screen monitor, somehow I still feel like there's not quite enough space to see what I need to see. Bigger monitor. Sure. But that isn't always an option. Maybe there's something that can be done within the app itself? Just a thought. 

post-29320-0-81180700-1603934990_thumb.png

• Like 2

Beautiful setup there.  For what it's worth, I open all non-primary texts (i.e. things like commentaries, dictionaries, notes, etc.) in separate windows, and maximize them.  I'm confident that's not what you are interested, A. Smith, but I mention it in case someone else reads this and gets a new idea.

Oh, and you could get rid of the toolbar at the very top of the screen.  That is one of the first things I did when looking for more room.

Edited by TYA
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if having a layout capacity (not the right word), in which you could specify 100%, 90%, 75%, etc. like "the other guys" do would help this.