How To: Correspondence between LXX & Hebrew Sept 2 Blog Post

William Cross

In trying to recreate David Lang's search in the LXX for words that correspond to the Hebrew Bible using the TEXT command I am not being given the option to choose the HMT-W4 in the TEXT drop down. It is only allowing English, Greek, Foreign Bible to be selected. What am I missing?

post-317-0-41446800-1603902222_thumb.png

I'm stumped. It looks like you're doing everything right. The only thing I can think of is to make sure you have everything updated? You could also try restarting Accordance in Safe Mode (hold down the Option key while launching Accordance) and selecting "Clear Library Cache."

Tried that to no avail.

It works searching Greek or Hebrew for an English term.

Is there some other module needed for this operation to work? 

I noted it only displays English Bibles that have Strong's Numbers.

Does LXX RAHLFS TAGGED Greek Septuagint (LXX1) need some kind of update? Nothing is showing under Content Update.
Edited by William Cross

I forget, is the MTT-LXX data module needed for this to work? Do you have that module, William?

—Joseph

Joseph nailed it. I'd forgotten that the MT-LXX was used to make a correspondence between those two Texts. 

Sorry David didn't mention that William. I'll also make certain to document it more carefully in the Help Documentation. 

https://www.accordancebible.com/product/mt-lxx-interlinear-database/

I actually own that.

Easy Install says it is installed.

Is there a Preference that needs to be changed?

I noticed that the Default Hebrew Database is grayed out in Preferences and will not allow me to make a selection.

Edited by William Cross

Interestingly the LXX and Hebrew Bible work in Parallel panes for Mouseover Highlighting.

I also just tried this on a friends computer and he also cannot get this search to work. He has all of the modules we have spoken about as well.

Edited by William Cross

William, do you have the full MT-LXX Parallel or only the MT-LXX Interlinear?

MT-LXX Interlinear. Never knew there was a difference or that I needed it. Seems like the Interlinear already has in it all the information needed to do this. Is it basically just acting like an engine governor until the "full" version is purchased? The extra stuff included in the Parallel version was not really of interest to me, but I did not realize the searching capability was hampered between the two.

Edited by William Cross

The parallel includes the full text of the resource, as well as supporting any searching and analytics.  You'll note on the product pages that the Interlinear is only for display, while the MT-LXX is needed for searching.  You should, however, get a discount on the full product equivalent to the full Interlinear cost, so you lose nothing by first going for the Interlinear.

Thank you to everyone for helping to figure this out.  :)

• Like 1