Copying Hebrew text out of Accordance not working

TYA

Great day all,

Several iterations of Accordance ago (within the last year or so) there was a thread about having to copy several times in order to get Hebrew text out of Accordance.  In this case, I'm referring to trying to copy as little as a single word, or a few words out of Accordance into another program.  Even though I have Export options set to Yehudit, and I normally get Hebrew text copied into another program in SBL Hebrew (which I like), sometimes it will copy in Times New Roman.

I experienced this numerous times today, and sometimes pressing Ctrl+C wouldn't successfully copy the Accordance text even after 3, 4, 5, or more times.  Thus, when I pasted into my target document, I'd end up getting something else pasted, which I had then had to delete, and try all over again.

I thought this issue was fixed a few versions back.  (I remember that it was, in fact, but I can't remember the exact details).  Why is it happening again?  (By the way, I got a new computer!  See my profile for details.)

• Like 1

Greetings TYA

First:

Congradulation on the new computer!

Second:

Copying Hebrew text from Accordance 13.1.4.0  and pasting it into LibreOffice 6.3.4.2 and in Davka Writer 7 seems to work just fine for me.

In LibreOffice whatever Hebrew Text I pasted renders in the Accordance font, in Davka Writer 7 texts show up in the Davka David font.

Here is the former thread that I'm referring to above, regarding the copying of Hebrew text not working perfectly out of Accordance.

Thanks for the Link TYA I will take some time to read through that thread.

I want to be sure I understand.

Are you are saying that sometimes it doesn't copy at all, i.e., the previous clipboard contents are still in the clipboard?

Or are you saying sometimes when you paste, you get characters that should be in the Yehudit font, but are not?

Are you are saying that sometimes it doesn't copy at all, i.e., the previous clipboard contents are still in the clipboard?

Or are you saying sometimes when you paste, you get characters that should be in the Yehudit font, but are not?

Both actually.  The former happens far more often than the latter.  But both happened in one session in which I was trying to copy from Hebrew text (I tried two different modules, BHS-T and HMT-W4, so this applies to more than just one text), and they both refused to copy the text out.  If I make the attempt five times in a row, there is a slight chance that one time it will technically paste out to the other program, but in Times New Roman font instead of the SBL Hebrew I want it to be in.

• Like 1

What app were you pasting into?  I need to replicate the circumstances as nearly as I can.

What app were you pasting into?  I need to replicate the circumstances as nearly as I can.

Well, it is an APL Runtime based word processor.  But in extreme cases, when it has happened before, I've also jumped over to Notepad in Windows, testing the paste there.  If it happens again, I will try to test more expansively for you.

• Like 1

Here's a demonstration of the text not copying and pasting properly out of Accordance.  In this situation (see attached screenshot), the pasted text is in the wrong font.  (That's a relatively minor issue compared to nothing pasting at all, in which case whatever I had before gets pasted in, and must then be removed.)

Thanks.

post-35231-0-41529100-1604187604_thumb.jpg