How to add a Combined Resources?

C. J. Fang

How do I add a Combined Resources? Whatever I do in the "Managed Combined Resources," it does not appear in the "Combined Resources." See the screenshots. 

post-34283-0-34272600-1602969274_thumb.jpg

post-34283-0-59635000-1602969282_thumb.jpg

If you combine HMT with MHNT then it builds in this way: HMT ends with the 2Chr and then if you scroll further the MNNT Matt will follow. 

Combine recourses only works as Paralell.

Edited by Fabian

You've misunderstood the issue.

Again, the list in the "Combined Resources" did not change after I made changes in the "Managed Combined Resources" (in "Add Parallel" and "Combined Resources).

Ah I see. This seems to be the wrong place. Go one step back to post-32723-0-32650300-1603130587_thumb.png

Load in the Parallel the text you want to combine. Open the Combine Resource drop down Menu and choose then above the separator line one of the texts.

The good one. Simply choose from the lists instead on try to find the correct abbreviation.

Where you are now you can rename it or change the position, but not create a new one.

Edited by Fabian

• 2 months later...

You posted two images. The last of your image is your end-point. My explanation starts there. So: 

¨Go one step back to attachicon.gifBildschirmfoto 2020-10-19 um 19.57.37.png

Load in the Parallel the text you want to combine. Open the Combine Resource drop down Menu and choose then above the separator line one of the texts.

The good one. Simply choose from the lists instead on try to find the correct abbreviation.

Where you are now [your end-point the second image] you can rename it or change the position, but not create a new one.

Another possible way is to check the Help files. Or search in YouTube. Oh here it is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vthA83Oglwthat was easy. 

My explanation starts at https://youtu.be/1vthA83Oglw?t=86Where you are with the second image is 

so much later. 

Now we both have spent more time here than it had to for search "Accordance combined" in YouTube and see the Video. 

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1

I'll work on creating a tutorial to explain how to combine resources that should be available in the next update of Accordance. 

• Like 4

To create a new combined resource:

1. Add one of the two texts you want to combine in parallel to another text.
  2. Use this menu to combine it with another text.  post-34535-0-73645400-1608671413_thumb.png
  3. Save the combination using the same menu.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

To create a new combined resource:

1. Add one of the two texts you want to combine in parallel to another text.
  2. Use this menu to combine it with another text.  attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2020-12-22 at 14.59.50.png
  3. Save the combination using the same menu.

I'm trying to create a combined resource with LXX Rahlfs Tagged + UBS5. I tried following your steps:

1. Open UBS5 Greek NT (Sigla) in a new pane (and close the info pane that accompanied it).

2. Add parallel: LXX Rahlfs Tagged from the "Add Parallel" menu. This results in Matt 1:1 on the left and a page with lots of lines of double dashes on the right, with the right-side pane titled "LXX1". Note that at this point, searching for Genesis 1 yields nothing (The book "Genesis" cannot be found).

3. Press the 'overlapping-squares' button on the LXX1 pane to combine the resources. Select "UBS5 Greek NT (Sigla)". Now the left and right panes have identical contents. The right pane has the title "UBS5-T". Note that at this point, searching for Genesis 1 still yields nothing.

4. Press the 'overlapping-squares' button on the UBS5-T pane to save the combined resource. The panes still show the same information, and searching for Genesis 1 still yields nothing.

5. Press the 'overlapping-squares' button on the UBS5-T pane to load the combined resource. The background of the right pane changes to match the colour of the left pane, but the content is identical, and searching for Genesis 1 still yields nothing.

What am I doing wrong?

I'd like to produce a combined resource that uses the LXX (Rahlfs) for the Old Testament and UBS5 for the New Testament.

System: Windows 10 + Accordance 13.1.5

Open an (English Bible first, best with OT and NT. Then as parallel the LXX. Then push the overlapping square button and add the UBS5. You can push again the overlapping square button and choose save.

You don't have to activate both. So no need for steps 4 and 5.

Keep in mind: The Combined resources are only to display in parallel and are not searchable as a whole item. (at least not now).

To search you have to change the search Bible on the drop down list far left. But only as one Text at the same time. Otherwise a [LINK ] is needed.

Edited by Fabian

• 6 months later...