Multilingual Sign?

Fabian

And hello to you all

And sorry I have no clue about Accordance.

And I need your help.

And so I ask you hat does this say? post-32723-0-74601200-1601793607_thumb.png

And is this the replacement for the Multlilingual L? post-32723-0-51454900-1601793672_thumb.png

And if so then the Help files must be updated. 

And Second.

And for what exactly is the Multilingual Sign?

And how exactly does it work?

And it seems nothing happens.

And  in other Commentaries too.

And if it is the Multilingual Sign, does it correspond with the post-32723-0-75124800-1601794098_thumb.png?

And how does it work in the Matthew Henry ... Commentary?

And why has the IEKAT this not?

And are there more or does it not need it?

And why I can't type in Greek or Hebrew if I choose one of this languages in the Library search?

And why ... or in the Go To Box

And why ... 

And why is there a runnig gag with the 

And ...?

And is it possible, because the Hebrew Bible starts often sentence with an 

And...?

And what do you think?

And is it possible to get answers for my questions?

And why was the sentence above a question, that questioned to get the questions answered?

And why I have to question this questions?

And why are there so many questions?

And why I have the time to ask so many questions that begins with an 

And ...?

And why I need now a coffee?

And why is it endless to ask question with an 

And ...?

And greetings to you all.

And Fabian ...

Edited by Fabian

And hello to you all

And sorry I have no clue about Accordance.

And I need your help.

And so I ask you hat does this say? attachicon.gifBildschirmfoto 2020-10-04 um 08.27.44.png

And is this the replacement for the Multlilingual L? attachicon.gifBildschirmfoto 2020-10-04 um 08.33.02.png

And if so then the Help files must be updated. 

And Second.

And for what exactly is the Multilingual Sign?

And how exactly does it work?

And it seems nothing happens.

And  in other Commentaries too.

And if it is the Multilingual Sign, does it correspond with the attachicon.gifBildschirmfoto 2020-10-04 um 08.42.50.png?

These are very good questions. I'd love to see the answers. 

And as for the other questions, why are you asking them?

And why am I taking the time to respond to them?  :D

• Like 1

Fabian, please limit your questions and focus on clarity.  Using 'And' so many times in one post just discourages someone from trying to help you, as it seems as though you aren't being serious at all.

Yes, the button you point out is the multi-lingual button. It is used to cycle which language is used in the Goto Box, in case you are jumping to a Greek article vs. an English or German title.  I'm not sure why Matthew Henry Commentary has it, as it doesn't seem particularly useful there.  This is useful for tools like NIDNTT that have some articles with English titles, but many in Greek.

• Like 1

Joel

Thanks for your answer. There was really a question. This was not a joke. But then I had some other serious questions. For example the one with the Library.

Second in the NIDNTTE: The preset in the Library search is Greek modern. But if I type there comes no Greek characters. 

Fabian, please limit your questions and focus on clarity.  Using 'And' so many times in one post just discourages someone from trying to help you, as it seems as though you aren't being serious at all.

Yes, the button you point out is the multi-lingual button. It is used to cycle which language is used in the Goto Box, in case you are jumping to a Greek article vs. an English or German title.  I'm not sure why Matthew Henry Commentary has it, as it doesn't seem particularly useful there.  This is useful for tools like NIDNTT that have some articles with English titles, but many in Greek.

Joel, would you mind giving a specific example of this? I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around it. Thanks! 

• Like 1

Donald, try opening Mounce Greek Dictionary - you'll see the multilingual button at the bottom.

If I wanted to navigate to an english title, like "Introduction", I'd use the button to set it back to English, and type "Intro", hit enter, and it would jump to that section.  But, if I wanted to jump to a Greek entry, I'd press it again, switching back to Greek, and type "agapaw" to get "ἀγαπάω", and hitting enter would jump to that article instead.

• Like 1

Donald, try opening Mounce Greek Dictionary - you'll see the multilingual button at the bottom.

If I wanted to navigate to an english title, like "Introduction", I'd use the button to set it back to English, and type "Intro", hit enter, and it would jump to that section.  But, if I wanted to jump to a Greek entry, I'd press it again, switching back to Greek, and type "agapaw" to get "ἀγαπάω", and hitting enter would jump to that article instead.

Thanks.

But is the search in the Library buggy?

No, the Library search is not buggy, as far as we can tell. If you think you have a report, please post it clearly.  Again, trying to make reports surrounded by unrelated lines is not a good way to communicate information.

Fabian,

To answer your question re: NIDNTTE, the multi-lingual button lets you cycle between Greek and Transliteration fonts, which are the only fonts in the Table of Contents. IEKAT doesn't have the button, because there aren't multiple languages in the TOC (as far as I'm aware).

• Like 1

Fabian,

To answer your question re: NIDNTTE, the multi-lingual button lets you cycle between Greek and Transliteration fonts, which are the only fonts in the Table of Contents. IEKAT doesn't have the button, because there aren't multiple languages in the TOC (as far as I'm aware).

Thanks I hadn't found this in the Help Files. Index and then search for Tool Browser.  The multi lingual Button in the TOC is not mentioned there.

If I change here nothing happens. post-32723-0-55008700-1601924945_thumb.png And I cannot type Greek here.

Ok. I was just able to give that a try. I get it. Thanks very much Joel!