Need help and ideas on iPad downloads

Larry Wing

I have Accordance installed on my iPhone and and iPad Air 3. The iPad is a new install. When I go to download resources my list loads just fine but when I tap on an line it may or may not put a check mark in the box. Sometimes the check mark shows up in the resource below the one I wanted. What's worse I can't tap again to uncheck it. Accordance just wants to put a check mark on another line.

This doesn't happen with my iPhone nor on a previous install on a different iPad. For the life of me I can't figure out why only on this iPad.

I don't have any odd behavior anywhere else in Accordance or any other installed app.

I've had some conversation with Tech Support and they were unable to help and couldn't figure out why this is happening so I thought I'd post here to see if anyone has ever had the same experience and/or figured out how to fix.

Any suggestions to try to fix would be appreciated.

I know it’s a pain to uninstall, but it might be worth doing that and then reinstalling to see if it fixes the problem—the cause of which, I have no idea. 

I reinstalled but had the same problem.

However, I did find an odd workaround. I found that when I tried to select more than one the first item showed the check mark but when I selected another without scrolling the second wouldn't correctly be check marked but the check would show up on a wrong selection.  The workaround was to scroll even a little and then the next item would be correctly checked.  I notice that when scrolling there is a quick flicker that may be a screen refresh?

I hope that makes sense.

When it comes to a new install, I prefer to load my modules using a sync with the Mac.  It's less time-consuming and module selection is easier, IMO.  

I don't do a full install on mobile devices, only on my Macs. 

I only install about 20 resources on my iPad. My use is limited and don't need my full library.  Normally installing resources is quick and easy except this particular iPad Air.

If you're only installing 20, installing w/o using the Mac is probably easier.  Odd that your new iPad isn't cooperating.  I, too, have a relatively new iPad (March of this year).  It's an 11" Pro, but I'm running the same OS and I don't think the hardware is radically different.  I'll be following this thread to see how the problem is resolved.  Sorry you're having difficulties.  It can be very frustrating.

Thanks Julia. If I run across a reason or fix I'll post here.

Edited by Larry Wing