Accordance crashing on startup. Now even Installation crashes

johnlktan

Hi - I just don't know what to say at this point.

Last night it worked fine. This morning it just wouldn't start up. I then tried to do this in safe mode no joy either. Finally I decided to scrub the current installation and start from a scratch. Now even the fresh install crashes before anything is seen.

I have deleted all oaktree folders so really don't know what is causing this problem.

Crash log is below any help is appreciated... Up in arms at this point.

Accordance Crash Log
Crashed at: 9:19:50:881 On: 25 of Sep, 2020  

Accordance 13.1.4 (13.1.4.0)
Windows 10 (10.0.19041)
RAM: 27581MB free of 32678MB total
Disc: 197GB free of 476GB total

Address:   $0046DBFD

Backtrace: 
  $0046DBFD
  $00468093
  $004A9A1B
  $0063317B
  $006330DD
  $0063604F
  $00653A4D
  $00653D13
  $006542DF
  $0097212E
  $00A287F0
  $00A27942
  $00A264E3
  $00A25D49
  $00A27400
  $00A224EA
  $00403D17

Was able to install now (not sure what was different). However any attempt to link ACC with dropbox causes this to crash.Suspect some corruption in the files but hessitant on deleting files to start from scratch as so much work has been put in this over the last half a year. 

The very act of linking the dropbox account in preferences/syncing --> Causes the accordance to crash.

Looking at the crash log, the crash during startup is happening as it loads a user notes file.  If you have several, I don't know which one.  At a guess, the dropbox crash may be happening when it tries to download this same file.  If I'm right, you should also be able to temporarily avoid the crash by moving your "User Notes" folder somewhere other than your "Accordance Files" folder.

Can you send me your user notes file/files, and I will try to see what's wrong?  I'll send you my email address in a private message.

Thank you Silas. Accordance is back up without losing any of my previous work so so thankful for this. Indeed it probably was the user notes on dropbox. Only saw your comments now and went through another method. What worked was downloading a fresh copy with a non-chrome web browser. And before installation on Win10 again managed to safely resynched all dropbox files (step by step) using my Macbook install as well. It did crash the first time but did not get into this endless loop and managed to synched up eventually. Then that the install worked fine for windows.

• Like 1