Lost 2 years of Notes On Dropbox--Anything I Can Do?

DoosanMan

Switched from Macbook to Windows laptop and had some issues and had to reinstall.    In the midst of all that one of my User Tools that had 2 years of sermon notes is missing almost everything.   It's all synced and updated to today's date.   Is there anyway to recover this?   I think I'm done keeping valuable information within Accordance, I will move my notes to Evernote or OneNote I believe.  Appreciate any help.

Dropbox DOES keep your notes and you should be able to recover them. I have a while ago started a habit of saving a COPY of my note files on a flash drive or desktop since I have had in the past numerous Dropbox issues. Dropbox works very well within the Apple world but the story sadly is different in the Windows world. I would like to ask the Oak Tree team if they could pump up the Windows version and make it more on par with the Mac version.

Dropbox DOES keep your notes and you should be able to recover them. I have a while ago started a habit of saving a COPY of my note files on a flash drive or desktop since I have had in the past numerous Dropbox issues. Dropbox works very well within the Apple world but the story sadly is different in the Windows world. I would like to ask the Oak Tree team if they could pump up the Windows version and make it more on par with the Mac version.

The problem is it synced back from the Windows laptop so the copy on Dropbox is the new updated incorrect copy with most of the file missing.   Is there a way to recover that?

If I am not mistaken if you go to dropbox.com you can get to those files. I don't remember exactly where they are on the site but once you sign in you should be able to find them. I have been down this road. Currently my MacBook Air syncs fine but my Windows Surface Pro 6 DOES NOT! Every time I sync with my surface pro it syncs over 100 items whereas on the MacBook it only syncs the changed files. Not sure why at this point and the time to call Accordance Support I don't have currently. One thing I do know, Accordance will be there to help sort this out for you and I.

If I am not mistaken if you go to dropbox.com you can get to those files. I don't remember exactly where they are on the site but once you sign in you should be able to find them. I have been down this road. Currently my MacBook Air syncs fine but my Windows Surface Pro 6 DOES NOT! Every time I sync with my surface pro it syncs over 100 items whereas on the MacBook it only syncs the changed files. Not sure why at this point and the time to call Accordance Support I don't have currently. One thing I do know, Accordance will be there to help sort this out for you and I.

This is what happened to me.   It synced 92 files.   I'm not too happy at the moment.   Yes, I appreciate their support.

Edited by DoosanMan

DoosanMan,

I just went to Dropbox.com and signed into my account. I went to "Deleted Files". Once there I saw a box that stated "Restore and deleted files in the last 30 days". Did not know if that could help you.

Another thing you might want to consider is to install "TeamViewer" to your computer, call Tech Support and let them connect with you in order to help. I have done this on a number of occasions with great success.

• Like 1

Another thing you might want to consider is to install "TeamViewer" to your computer, call Tech Support and let them connect with you in order to help. I have done this on a number of occasions with great success.

There is a portable version of TeamViewer also, if you don't want to install it.