Define External Websites

Dr. Nathan Parker

I see Define External Websites now under Preferences in Accordance (it's probably been there a little bit, but I finally fired up Preferences again today to look around).

What does this do? I must have missed the announcement. :-)

Thanks!

Nathan, if you have a website defined and have it ticked... then you can look up any word, phrase or reference directly within the accordance web browser.

1) Highlight word, phrase or reference

2) ^ctl -click word 

3) go to specific website / specific site

See enclosed Screenshot.

post-5536-0-02351400-1600833728_thumb.png

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn
  • Like 1

Nice! I'll have to try this out!

• 3 years later...

Hello. Just a quick question. When you configure the search in external websites, you place *** where the search term would go in the site's URL. No problem there. However, Accordance 'sends' the lexical form of the word, no the inflected form present in the GNT28-T text (for example). How can I configure Accordance to input the inflected form in the place of the ***, instead of the lexical form?

For example: if the word I want the LSJ definition for (inflected and all) as in the GNT28, καταλάβω, I just get καταλαμβάνω sent to the Perseus Greek Word Study Tool. This website can 'read' and give the morphological information of inflected words/verbs, etc. The only explanation is that Accordance is not sending the inflected word that I'm option-clicking in the text, but is inserting only the lexical form in the webs url.

Captura de Pantalla 2024-02-19 a la(s) 15.12.15.png