Help! Trying to Transition to Windows

DoosanMan

My Macbook gave out and the computer tech convinced me to buy a refurb HP G3 laptop.   I can't stand it so far.   My first question is how do I change the general background color on Accordance.    It's a weird blue color.   When I go to preferences and display I have some choices like canyon, classic, etc. but it still can't get away from the blue and purple tones.   Then how do I get lettering or names underneath the icons in the toolbar?  Thank you

Hey ya,

You cannot get names under the toolbar icons but you can get them beside the of the icons. Right click on the toolbar in a blank spot and select Icons and Text.

The blue background thing I am not sure - I guess I never really noticed that much but it's basically the same as on the Mac - the options are the same anyway. I use Canyon on Mac and PC. But granted there is a greater preponderance of themes in that color range I guess.

What did you use on Mac ?

Also, if you could upload an image and point to exactly where the color is not right that might help. Maybe you just need to update the text and tool display panes.

Thx

D

Hey ya,

You cannot get names under the toolbar icons but you can get them beside the of the icons. Right click on the toolbar in a blank spot and select Icons and Text.

The blue background thing I am not sure - I guess I never really noticed that much but it's basically the same as on the Mac - the options are the same anyway. I use Canyon on Mac and PC. But granted there is a greater preponderance of themes in that color range I guess.

What did you use on Mac ?

Also, if you could upload an image and point to exactly where the color is not right that might help. Maybe you just need to update the text and tool display panes.

Thx

D

I'm not sure what I had it set it at for color.   I think Canyon, but can look at my Windows desktop in my office in the morning.   Attached is a screenshot.   It's purple, lavender and blue colors I'm not liking.   I was used to tan, beige, brown etc

post-35002-0-78755900-1600138730_thumb.jpg

Edited by DoosanMan

The blue highlight of the selected toolbar icons is apparently unchangeable. It's always been like that.

The text pane backgrounds will probably be best set as default prefs for Tools and Texts. In those prefs you have a greater range of colours to choose from.

Thx
D