700 Languages

Fabian

Hello

Just read in a christian online news paper: According to Wycliffe the Bible is now fully available in 700 ( in words: seven hundred) languages available. 

According Bible.com they have more than 1200 Bibles in over 900 languages. So some are only NT. 

In my opinion it is necessary that you have more Bibles in the store as you actually have.

One content developer who primarily creates Bibles would be the minimum.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I wish Accordance would add more to the content team. The competitor has so many more resources available that it seems inevitable that they will dominate the market and the tech will catch up. That will indeed be a sad thing.

I hope Accordance can hire more dedicated headcount to just concentrate on adding to the library of offerings.

• Like 3

Yea and even on the competitor Forum I found this "I too would have loved to see [OT] join with [L] if nothing else because they offered a range of foreign language bibles I can't get in [L]." 

I really have no clue why the big ones, doesn't care about the Bibles. If Accordance hadn't German Bible I had not jumped to them. 

• Like 2

IMO it would be easier to just add SWORD module and/or USFM support.

This way if you can get the Bible into something the world recognizes, Accordance will load it.

There's no way the long-tail of Bible translations will ever be economic to support in Accordance. But getting support to load the modules that do exist would bridge the gap IMO.

In the meantime, I just use the Web amplify features. If there was linked tab support, then I could work around it by having Diatheke loaded in the background with whatever translation I was working with.

• Like 2

[…] just add SWORD module and/or USFM support.[…]

Yes! Both.

Edited by EricC
  • Like 3

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Any hope for change here?

Either linked tabs for websites or support for USFM/USX?

• Like 2