New Macbook Pro vs Macbook Air

DoosanMan

My 2015 Macbook Pro is having issues and I'm thinking of upgrading.   I mainly use this for Accordance.   What about the new Macbook Airs?   They have retina display.   Is it worth me upgrading to a Pro?

I can tell you that the MacBook Air would be just fine for Accordance use, especially now that they include retina displays. Get the MacBook Pro only if you will be doing something that requires intensive processor use such as video editing.

Others may want to weigh in.

The Air is a great computer and more than sufficient for running Accordance. I got one in the spring when my old laptop died. However, since Apple is already working on their planned transition to new processors that should result in much better battery life, I’d probably hold off on upgrading just yet if your current computer can hang on a little longer.

• Like 4

According to benchmark tests, etc., the lower end 2020 MacBook Pros have very little advantage over the base 2020 MacBook Air—not even graphic capability. Unless you're considering the 10th-generation Intel Core i5 processor MacBook Pro which starts at $1800 because you're doing video processing work, etc., I recommend the MacBook Air. It is a very capable machine.
I've been paying attention to this stuff since I have bought three 2020 MacBooks this year, a $1k MB Air, a $1400 MB Pro, and a $2000 MB Pro.

• Like 4