setting the default text or tool for the parallel pane

davehagelberg

For some reason when I use a bookmark to go to a Greek or Hebrew text, and then open a parallel pane, that pane always opens in EBC-R. I would like to be able to set that default text to a translation that I frequently use. Thanks for considering this request. I have no idea at all how much coding that would take!

The app usually remembers the last thing you opened in parallel with that text (I run into this a lot when opening a text via a reference link in a tool). One trick is to open the text directly from the library and then open whatever you prefer in parallel. Then future links should copy that. 

Yes, that is a good workaround, but I like to use Bookmarks in my daily readings, and it would be convenient if when going to a bookmarked text I had some control over what text or tool appears when the parallel pane is opened. In my case the parallel pane. of a bookmarked text always opens to EBC-R, regardless of the fact that when I last viewed that bookmarked text the parallel text was for instance NET.