Count Command with a Semitic Verbal Stem

JVo

Hi everyone, what I'm attempting to do should be so easy but it seems to be failing me.

I am trying to do a search in the Peshiṭta Psalms of every verb in the Pa''el stem that occurs 2 times or more.

Thus, I have the following with the Range drop-down menu set to "Psalms" and have entered the following code:

example% [COUNT 2+]@[VERB pael] 

When I look at the results in the "Analytics" tab there are verbs in there occurring 1x in the Psalms. What am I doing wrong here?

Thank you!

The count command is an independent command, not a filter on your results.  So, what you have essentially searched for is "Find all lexical forms in Psalms that occur 2 or more times, and show me the forms that are pael verbs."

I think you'll just want to run your search for [VERB pael] in the Psalms, open the Analysis, and sort by Count, so you can see the ones that occur 2 or more times.

Thanks so much Joel. The only problem with going through the analytics tab is that it will not offer a tally of how many verbal lexemes are in the pa''el—you'd have to manually count them (or dump them in a spreadsheet or similar).